title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need support: Cd ripper not reading disc

Need support: Cd ripper not reading disc

I noticed an earlier thread in which someone else has this issue.

I'm in the process of digitizing a music collection and thus far, CD ripper has performed admirably. However, as of yesterday (and possibly linked to a recent Windows update), the CD ripper is not reading the discs. Occasionally, after a wait of two or three minutes, the information may appear.

The "chugging" wheel appears and the light on the DVD/CD drive blinks maybe once every 30 seconds.

This isn't a fault of any CD or the drive. I've tested the same CDS with WMP and there is no delay in obtaining the information and no problem with ripping them.

I'm a licensed user of the product and would like some support help on resolving this ASAP so I can finish my project.

Thanks!

Kelli

Post edited to provide further information:

I checked the reliability monitor through Security and Maintenance. Here's the report:

Source
    dBpoweramp CD Ripper

Summary
    Stopped responding and was closed

Date
    &*8206;11/&*8206;3/&*8206;2017 2:42 PM

Status
    Not reported

Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: D:\dBpoweramp\CDGrab.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: CDGrab.exe
    Application Version: 16.2.0.3
    Application Timestamp: 58bb39ea
    Hang Signature: 2065
    Hang Type: 134217728
    OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 20652cfd1094d4687174607183c5a529
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 29e1
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 29e117b450bcdc96bfcc727aa58db5f9
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 2065
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 20652cfd1094d4687174607183c5a529
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 29e1
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 29e117b450bcdc96bfcc727aa58db5f9
    Last edited by kestanley; 11-03-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Added more specific information

Administrator

Re: Need support: Cd ripper not reading disc

Which security software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which security software are you using?
    Thanks, Spoon. Same as I was before this started: Norton Security. BTW, I did an uninstall/reinstall but am still experiencing the same problem. Appreciate any help in troubleshooting this!

Thanks,

Kelli

Administrator

Try to disable Norton, it could be blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the Internet.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try to disable Norton, it could be blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the Internet.
    Hi Kes,

I had to disable MalwareBytes the first time I installed and used dBpa.

Cheers,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi Kes,

I had to disable MalwareBytes the first time I installed and used dBpa.

Cheers,

Paul
    Thank you, Monster and Spoon, but Norton doesn't seem to be the cause. Disabling it changes nothing, and to be clear, I've ripped about 1,000 albums before this started happening. It's essentially the same issue Pedro wrote about above ... a wait of 2 to 3 minutes sometimes produces results, sometimes does not. I'll uncheck freedb and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Kelli

Quote Originally Posted by kestanley View Post
    Thank you, Monster and Spoon, but Norton doesn't seem to be the cause. Disabling it changes nothing, and to be clear, I've ripped about 1,000 albums before this started happening. It's essentially the same issue Pedro wrote about above ... a wait of 2 to 3 minutes sometimes produces results, sometimes does not. I'll uncheck freedb and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Kelli
    Unchecking freedb, etc. seemed to speed up the process a little, but the software is simply not running well and is taking too long to read.

On my drive--which has an up-to-date driver and is working perfectly with other software--the software seems to be laboring to read the CD and is doing so intermittently. My drive has an active light to show me when it's engaged, and the light comes on intermittently--maybe every 10-15 seconds--while the drive makes a noise as if it's trying to process an order but can't.

Given the fact that other people are experiencing this issue, I think this is a software bug of some kind and I'd like to find some resolution for it. I don't have many more CDS to process, but the current ripping time on dbpoweramp is not viable. Ripping is not affected, for which I'm thankful.

I'm running a brand new Dell 7775 Inspiron with Windows 10, btw, and the disk drive is an HP DVD writer 600.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kestanley View Post
    Unchecking freedb, etc. seemed to speed up the process a little, but the software is simply not running well and is taking too long to read.

On my drive--which has an up-to-date driver and is working perfectly with other software--the software seems to be laboring to read the CD and is doing so intermittently. My drive has an active light to show me when it's engaged, and the light comes on intermittently--maybe every 10-15 seconds--while the drive makes a noise as if it's trying to process an order but can't.

Given the fact that other people are experiencing this issue, I think this is a software bug of some kind and I'd like to find some resolution for it. I don't have many more CDS to process, but the current ripping time on dbpoweramp is not viable. Ripping is not affected, for which I'm thankful.

I'm running a brand new Dell 7775 Inspiron with Windows 10, btw, and the disk drive is an HP DVD writer 600.

Thanks
    After reading another post in which Peter said that the perfect match needed to be toggled, I played with the various settings and the speed is greatly improved. Thanks!!