title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conditional tagging

Conditional tagging

I have searched for this, but perhaps I'm not searching the right phrase or something.

dbPoweramp writes the disc number and disc total to each flac file. Is there a way to only write those tags if the CD is from a multi-disc set? I know about the naming conditionals, I would like to find out about tagging conditionals if there is such a feature.

Thanks,

Doug

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Conditional tagging

Quote Originally Posted by dougmon View Post
    I have searched for this, but perhaps I'm not searching the right phrase or something.

dbPoweramp writes the disc number and disc total to each flac file. Is there a way to only write those tags if the CD is from a multi-disc set? I know about the naming conditionals, I would like to find out about tagging conditionals if there is such a feature.

Thanks,

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Only populate Disc box, for multi-disc sets, 3/5 etc. For everything else, simply leave the box empty.

dBpoweramp Guru

Please can you help me understand why, when disc number = 1 and disc total = 1, you wouldn't want to write these tags to file?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Please can you help me understand why, when disc number = 1 and disc total = 1, you wouldn't want to write these tags to file?
    Largely, it's personal preference. I pass the files through some software that would prepend the disc number to every file name, and I'd prefer that single discs have no disc number.

dBpoweramp Guru

Largely, it's personal preference. I pass the files through some software that would prepend the disc number to every file name, and I'd prefer that single discs have no disc number.
    You are talking about file names now, not about tags. It's not difficult, to tag every file with discnumber and total discnumber, but to prepend the discnumber to the file names of multidiscs only.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You are talking about file names now, not about tags. It's not difficult, to tag every file with discnumber and total discnumber, but to prepend the discnumber to the file names of multidiscs only.

Dat Ei
    Yes, I probably just have to learn how to do this within dbPoweramp. I have always used a tagger called Bliss to set up the file names and directory structure, and I'm just learning how dbPoweramp works.

dBpoweramp Guru

If you use the following term in your naming string:

[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

then you file names like i.e.

1 MyTrack1
    2 MyTrack2

for single disc albums and

1-01 MyTrack1onDisc1
    1-02 MyTrack2onDisc1
    2-01 MyTrack1onDisc2
    2-02 MyTrack2onDisc2