title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip status error

Rip status error

I'm new to all this and have been reading through the setup guide to try to configure things as they should be. I ran the C2 support test and it said errors had been detected and switched on the C2 Error Pointers option. However, when I then did a rip it was giving a status error on every track. So I switched C2 error pointers off and now it works fine. I guess this means my drive does not support this, even though it seemed to?

Anyway, should I now leave Ultra Secure enabled with the settings recommended for non support of C2 pointers?

Thanks for the help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Rip status error

You can rely on AccurateRip more than c2 pointers and Ultra Secure, normally most rips (98%) would not have an error.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My LG drive exhibits the same behavior.

Thanks *********. Are you suggesting I disable Ultra Secure then?

Do I understand correctly that all this is just to do with errors caused by faulty discs and has no effect on sound quality?
    Last edited by nickrich; 02-06-2012 at 07:39 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nickrich View Post
    Thanks *********. Are you suggesting I disable Ultra Secure then?
    The nice thing about ultrasecure is that it FIRST uses accuraterip and if you get a match with that it completes without the extra passes, etc.

Very old thread but it had the answer. I turned off C2 pointers and it's rolling! Very surprisingly quickly. I have a LG drive as well as eaglescout1998. Technical Details show support for C2, test CDs show it, but it would grind through the 60 re-reads (up from the default 34 because I thought C2 was supported...) immediately after starting and then Error out on each track.

It now takes seconds to rip each track with Accurate 8 on all tracks on the same CD. Secure and Ultra Secure enabled. It was recently bought. Another CD I bought in 2002 said Accurate 5555455 and then AR 9 / Secure on track 8. Because it's dirtier? This and quite a few of my other CDs have mould spots on them from living in moist areas. Now I just need a good way to clean CDs....

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by marty.h.au View Post
    Very old thread but it had the answer. I turned off C2 pointers and it's rolling! Very surprisingly quickly. I have a LG drive as well as eaglescout1998. Technical Details show support for C2, test CDs show it, but it would grind through the 60 re-reads (up from the default 34 because I thought C2 was supported...) immediately after starting and then Error out on each track.

It now takes seconds to rip each track with Accurate 8 on all tracks on the same CD. Secure and Ultra Secure enabled. It was recently bought. Another CD I bought in 2002 said Accurate 5555455 and then AR 9 / Secure on track 8. Because it's dirtier? This and quite a few of my other CDs have mould spots on them from living in moist areas. Now I just need a good way to clean CDs....
    A higher AR secure number does NOT mean it is more secure. Even an AR of 1 means you have an exact match to someone else who ripped a different copy of cd on a different machine. (Unless you are ripping your same cd again, then any AR of 2 or better means you are good.

First time posting - hope correct thread. I've used the ripper for several years and loved it - ripped over 2000s CDs. But just upgraded to v16.2 and am going crazy.
    Just cannot get it to work. Keep getting message 'error initialising flac encoder'. I have switched on debugger and checked all settings as far as I can see and just run out of ideas. Please help!

dBpoweramp Guru

Could you post the error message please?

Dat Ei

Thanks guys - I sussed it! My drive is full. Not surprising given the number of files! I switched drives and it worked fine.
    Kevin

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

hi .. I'm not sure if this is under the correct thread ... I was ripping a CD with 16 tracks ... and all are ripped well except the 10th track ... pls find attached the error report.log.txt

would appreciate any assistance ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    hi .. I'm not sure if this is under the correct thread ... I was ripping a CD with 16 tracks ... and all are ripped well except the 10th track ... pls find attached the error report.log.txt

would appreciate any assistance ...
    Your log shows that all 16 tracks are verified with accuraterip, including track 10. Why do you think there is an error. Did you copy the files somewhere else after ripping? If so, could be corruption when copying.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Your log shows that all 16 tracks are verified with accuraterip, including track 10. Why do you think there is an error. Did you copy the files somewhere else after ripping? If so, could be corruption when copying.
    hi, thanks .. yes, I notices that too .... pls find attached my setting. all my ± 100 CDs are ripped ok .. this particular CD is ripped with the same error message twice ... 2017-11-21.png

dBpoweramp Guru

hi, thanks .. yes, I notices that too .... pls find attached my setting. all my ± 100 CDs are ripped ok .. this particular CD is ripped with the same error message twice ... 2017-11-21.png
    Settings are fine. You have not posted anything showing an error. What you posted showed that the cd ripped with no errors.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    and I have 1 more ... log.txt