title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES Album Art Not "Remembering" Art Fix / Changes

PerfectTUNES Album Art Not "Remembering" Art Fix / Changes

I'm finding album art for FLAC files ripped with dBpoweramp CD Ripper. Problem is that after I find and apply album art the program is not saving applied fixes / changes. I'm saving artwork as "AlbumArt.jpg" file to a single file in each directory that FLAC files are contained , not embedding artwork in each audio file. I can find artwork, apply fix / change, close program and reopen, no PC restart, and see all "albums without art" in Music Library directory selected. I check album directory and .jpg album artwork is there - it has not been moved, changed, or deleted. Thanks for your time!

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES Album Art Not "Remembering" Art Fix / Changes

The issue is, the program can only rescan for changes to audio tracks (which it tracks), not new jpg files in the folders. If you add a jpg, the tracks are not rescanned. You would have to do a 'Clear Database Cache', however 'AlbumArt.jpg' would not be recognized by PerfectTUNES as nothing uses this naming.

I am not seeing a 'clear database cache' option in PerfectTunes Album Art (PTAA). How do I accomplish this step? Also, what naming convention for album art do I need to use for PTAA to "remember / recognize" fixed audio files? Thanks again for you time.

Wow... sorry Spoon. I now see "Clear Database Cache" button... i would have been bit if it was a snake! In reference to my other question... will PTAA only remember changes if album art is labeled "folder.jpg"? Can a program patch be applied to change this? Thank you for your patience!

Administrator

folder.jpg, cover.jpg or the [albumname].jpg

Spoon, thanks for the info! I'll apply the change to my audio file database.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The issue is, the program can only rescan for changes to audio tracks (which it tracks), not new jpg files in the folders. If you add a jpg, the tracks are not rescanned. You would have to do a 'Clear Database Cache', however 'AlbumArt.jpg' would not be recognized by PerfectTUNES as nothing uses this naming.
    I'm a bit confused by the comment that nothing uses the "AlbumArt" naming convention. In fact, I have to disagree with that.

I have been using WMP for years and am having many issues with album art, especially with the latest version of WMP and Windows 10. I would like to get away from using it, but think it would be useful to embed the current WMP album art into the ID3 tag before I make the change. I have a relatively large collection of music - about 10,000 albums and more than 100,000 songs - so doing this manually is out of the question.

I have been looking for software that will automate the task, but haven't had any luck. PerfectTUNES doesn't seem to work - after it runs there are still thousands of files with no artwork embedded. Maybe I am using it incorrectly, but I keep going back to this "AlbumArt" naming convention thing.

When I search my music library, it is obvious that WMP is not saving artwork as "cover.jpg". I find maybe 35 files named "cover.jpg" out of 10,000 albums. What I do find is thousands of files named "AlbumArt_{xxxxx}_Large.jpg". I have attached a screenshot for your convenience.AlbumArt.jpg

So my question is, is there an automated way to embed the artwork from these WMP "AlbumArt" files into the ID3 tag?

A couple other things worth mentioning...

In addition to "cover.jpeg", I also searched for "folder.jpg". There were even fewer of those, though. Maybe a total of 60 "cover" and "folder" files out of 10,000 albums.

If my research is correct, the number in brackets in the AlbumArt file name is the WMP CollectionID. The naming convention is: AlbumArt_%CollectionID%_Large.jpg

Administrator

WMP does not simply use Albumart.jpg, it has lots of hidden files with unique identifiers which is tied into their database (collection ID), we cannot associate which of these files goes with which album, only Microsoft can.