title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I run multiple parallel sessions of Asset on my Mac?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uncl_nigel
    • Aug 2017

Can I run multiple parallel sessions of Asset on my Mac?

I have been happily using Asset (the free version) to play my pop rock and folk music for a couple of months.

I am now experimenting with classical music which I want to access via "composer" and have come across a problem. When i look for "Bach" for instance under "composer" the poor guy is buried in a mass of song writers from the pop rock and folk albums - info I did not even know I had...

The easy solution would appear to be to run two separate sessions of Asset on my Mac - one pointed at the folder containing the pop etc and the other pointed at the folder holding the HiRes classical downloads. Is this possible? My first try was not a success - I got two sessions running but when I changed the folder for music in the Config panel it changed the source for both sessions...

I just do not see how to quickly re-edit all the composer tags out of the pop etc... which would appear to be the other solution.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I run multiple parallel sessions of Asset on my Mac?

This is what you need:

Asset UPnP R6 beta is now available for Mac/Linux platforms. Current version: beta 6 <now released> Main changes since R5 New Feature: Asset Collections: create add additional asset instances, each with different audio libraries Indexer can exclude specific artists, genres, etc New option to set the static tree icon

It can run multiple assets, you define them as new 'collections' on the configuration page.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• uncl_nigel
      • Aug 2017

Thanks, the "beta" is up and running.
      Setting up two "instances" was a doddle.

Two little remarks:

- the software seems to stop functioning when the Mac goes into screen save mode
      - for some inexplicable reason the letters w through z are on different colored squares to the rest when I list artists in one "instance" :-)

Comment

• uncl_nigel
        • Aug 2017

Asset works during screen saver mode if I tick the "prevent system sleep" button on the config page - this does not prevent the screen saver mode from working.

The sort by composer seems to be what I was looking for to navigate classical music (much better than another upnp software I tried and will now remove).
        Last edited by uncl_nigel; 10-30-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>