title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Just upgraded to R16.2 - Problem with external CD Drive

Just upgraded to R16.2 - Problem with external CD Drive

Hi:

I decided to upgrade to R16.2 and the CD Ripper works perfectly with my laptop's internal CD Drive. But when I decided to connect my Samsung External CD/DVD Drive, the CD Ripper acted very strange. It went through like it was reading the tracks at lightning speed and every other track showed error. Another words, it was not really reading the CD at all. How can I configure the CD Ripper to work with more than one Drive?

Note: The Samsung worked perfectly with R14.4

Thank you.

mdubin

Re: Just upgraded to R16.2 - Problem with external CD Drive

I have another external CD/DVD drive by LG and this one works fine. Any reason why the samsung does not work with R16.2 but worked with R14.4? The Samsung model is SE-208 and it was manufactured in November 2014.

Thank you.

mdubin

Administrator

Perhaps you have something configured that this drive cannot support correctly, such as c2 pointers? Try switching to Burst ripping mode, does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Perhaps you have something configured that this drive cannot support correctly, such as c2 pointers? Try switching to Burst ripping mode, does that work?
    Hi Spoon:

This morning I connected the Samsung again and loaded a different CD. This time it ripped perfectly. Strange things happen at times. There are some CDs which can play fine on one CD player and not on another.

At least I know that I can use either the laptop's internal CD drive, or my external LG and Samsung.

So for now there are no problems. Glad I upgraded to R16.2.

mdubin