title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming & Placing of Two Versions of Same CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Naming & Placing of Two Versions of Same CD

Hi folks,

I purchased a double-CD of Miles Davis's "Kind Of Blue" 1959 recording:

CD Disc-1 is the original vinyl recording and CD Disc-2 is the exact same album, except in STEREO version.

And so my questions are, please:
    I have not ripped them as CD Disc 1/2 and 2/2, but rather as individual albums (although it is a double-CD).

For the TITLE of each CD, I have used: "Kind Of Blue (Mono)" and "Kind Of Blue (Stereo)".

I would be grateful if anyone might share their thoughts and preferences regarding the aforementioned.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

EDIT: Here is how the two discs appear in foobar:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mono.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	297225

Name:	stereo.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	297224
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM. Reason: Insert Images
  • Jailhouse
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2016

Re: Naming & Placing of Two Versions of Same CD

It won't hurt anything to do it that way, and it will be easy for you to tell at a glance which is which. I can't see any reason not to go that route.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Thanks JH,

The other option would have been to use the CD 1/2, 2/2 scheme. I mean, it IS a double-album; though you may argue that it is 2 x SINGLE CDs!

Cheers,

Paul
      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-19-2017, 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jul 2017

Hi,

Also, as you can see above, I used the same ARTWORK jpeg for both albums:

Name:	miles-davis-kind-of-blue-mono-stereo-vinyl-2lp-gatefold-set.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	293677

Paul
        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM. Reason: Insert Image

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
          Hi folks,

I purchased a double-CD of Miles Davis's "Kind Of Blue" 1959 recording:

CD Disc-1 is the original vinyl recording and CD Disc-2 is the exact same album, except in STEREO version.

And so my questions are, please:
          I have not ripped them as CD Disc 1/2 and 2/2, but rather as individual albums (although it is a double-CD).

For the TITLE of each CD, I have used: "Kind Of Blue (Mono)" and "Kind Of Blue (Stereo)".

I would be grateful if anyone might share their thoughts and preferences regarding the aforementioned.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

EDIT: Here is how the two discs appear in foobar:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1768[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1767[/ATTACH]
          Hi Paul,

That looks logical, and I would certainly use Kind Of Blue [Mono]. If the stereo version was the only, stereo version I had, I'd use simply, Kind Of Blue. If it was a second stereo mastering, I would do what you have.

I would also use the same cover for both, but would use the original sleeve, without any stickers.

But this is purely personal preference.
          Last edited by Oggy; 10-19-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Oggy
            Hi Paul,

That looks logical, and I would certainly use Kind Of Blue [Mono]. If the stereo version was the only, stereo version I had, I'd use simply, Kind Of Blue. If it was a second stereo mastering, I would do what you have.

I would also use the same cover for both, but would use the original sleeve, without any stickers.

But this is purely personal preference.
            Cheers Oggy,

The reason I chose the artwork I did was because most of the other available JPegs were of inferior quality. Also, I really like the stickers!!!

But in any event, you would definitely treat the two albums as separate entities?

Thanks,

Paul
            Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-19-2017, 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...

]]>