title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: lost perfect tunes after a few days trial - no dbs to 'see'

Question lost perfect tunes after a few days trial - no dbs to 'see'

Site says to post questions on the FORUM and not email questions about issues:
    (New HP Laptop - Win10)

I started trying out dbpoweramp (I like the flexibility) but lost Perfect Tunes after a couple of days & about 50 albums. (Perfect Tunes ICON also NOW doesn't show up in the "Control Center" page) I now don't get any databases to choose from / track listings.

Q - wondered IF I should just try a reinstall? (uninstall/install? or install OVER?) OR, will that mess up my TRIAL?

From what little I was able to use, I liked dbpoweramp. However, I guess I will go on to try another... in search of THE flexible / stable music database program.

Q - ALSO, noticed it says "Free Trial" on the Perfect Tunes icon - Does it have a 'subscription price' per year or month?

Administrator

Re: lost perfect tunes after a few days trial - no dbs to 'see'

PerfectTUNES has its own icon, on the desktop or in the start menu. PerfectTUNES is not a subscription it just needs the registered version to be installed.

Question Re: lost perfect tunes after a few days trial - no dbs to 'see'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    PerfectTUNES has its own icon, on the desktop or in the start menu. PerfectTUNES is not a subscription it just needs the registered version to be installed.
    Yes, that is where the icons were, as well as in the 'dbPoweramp Contol Cente'r. I utilized the PerfectTUNES icon on the dbPoweramp Control Center. Now I have none, and no databases in which to lookup tracks in CD Ripper. I assume this is important to determine how well this 'suite' works in union.

Q - SO, the trial only allows a day or two to utilize PerfectTUNES with dbPoweramp?

+ If this is so, people should know that they must download and try SW immediately that day - before PerfectTUNES suddenly disappears.

I thought I had a 2-3 of weeks (21 days) to TRIAL the software in order to determine purchase. Somewhat difficult when there is no 'lookup' databases to test how the 'package' works with various rare /obscure albums. Especially if you are looking for a Music Database Suite to convert 40 years of your music onto HDD.

Q - Should I reinstall or just move on to something else?

Thanks for any information concerning this issue.

Administrator

The Icon in dBpoweramp control center is only there until PerfectTUNES is installed, then it is removed.

PerfectTUNES is started by its own icon, either on the desktop or in the start menu.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rkk View Post
    Yes, that is where the icons were, as well as in the 'dbPoweramp Contol Cente'r. I utilized the PerfectTUNES icon on the dbPoweramp Control Center. Now I have none, and no databases in which to lookup tracks in CD Ripper. I assume this is important to determine how well this 'suite' works in union.

Q - SO, the trial only allows a day or two to utilize PerfectTUNES with dbPoweramp?

+ If this is so, people should know that they must download and try SW immediately that day - before PerfectTUNES suddenly disappears.

I thought I had a 2-3 of weeks (21 days) to TRIAL the software in order to determine purchase.
    No, you can install PerfectTUNES unregistered version and use indefinitely. You only have to pay for the registered version.

Go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features. Do you have an entry in the programs list for PerfectTUNES?

yet, it also has an icon in the Control Center (on the right) as your own images show.

I never installed PerfectTUNES. Only installed the dBpoweramp 21 day TRIAL. So, the icon in the "Control Center" is unusable? (if you have one?) Why have an icon there if you say we can only use a desktop or startmenu icon?

Solution to this "issue".

Recap of Issue:
    Downloaded dbPoweramp trial to review. I did not download PerfectTUNES, nor did I know I should download 'Trial version'. I assumed it would come with the suite TRIAL. After a couple of days the icon (on the dBpoweramp Control Center) for PerfectTUNES was gone / missing / nomore. Also at this time I suddenly could no longer access the 4 databases on the 'Manual Meta Review' page. Knowing nothing about this suite, I surmised that the change was caused by a loss of PerfectTUNES.

SOLUTION:
    under: dBpoweramp CD Ripper/ Menu / Active Providers / PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup) was UNCHECKED.
    Once I rechecked PerfectMeta, the trial worked fine.

(Still unsure why we lost the PerfectTUNES icon in the Control Center)dBpoweramp Music Converter Control Center.jpg

Chalk this up to newbie (L)user error.. ..and apparently the 'sticky' touchpad on our new HP Laptop (which we also adjusted).

Thanks for the input about where icons should be.

I have been trying dBpoweramp for 21 days now. I have been very impressed with it's flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    No, you can install PerfectTUNES unregistered version and use indefinitely. You only have to pay for the registered version.

Go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features. Do you have an entry in the programs list for PerfectTUNES?
    No, I don't have an icon in either of the places you mentioned, nor program installed in Control Panel / Programs --- probably because I never downloaded it. Thought it came with the TRIAL suite, especially since there was an icon in the Control Center for the first couple of days.dBpoweramp Music Converter Control Center.jpg