title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: prevent repetitive rips in batch ripper upon auto-close of cd drive

Question prevent repetitive rips in batch ripper upon auto-close of cd drive

Dear Sirs,
    Thank you for dbpoweramp; great software!!
    I am trying out dbpoweramp batch ripper to rip my private cd collection using 4 cd drives in one computer. I usually put in some discs, go to work and return at the end of the day so I do not really care about the per-CD speed. However, after auto-eject upon finishing the rip of a disc the drive auto-closes after several minutes and batch ripper starts to re-rip the same disc automatically. I would like batch ripper not to start ripping again. A popup before starting the rip of a newly inserted disc is a possible work-around. Recognizing the disc as already ripped might also be a work-around but in certain conditions I might actively choose to re-rip a disc using different settings. Preferably I would like the drive not to auto-close btw. Is any of this possible?
    Thanks a lot!
    Kind regards,
    Martin

Administrator

Re: prevent repetitive rips in batch ripper upon auto-close of cd drive

As a test, when the cd drive has its draw open, quit batch ripper. To see if something else is closing the cd drive.

Thanks for the quick reply! I think the drives close independent of dbpoweramp. I would like to either force dbpoweramp to configure the drive not to do this of circumvent it in the software as described above.
    Last edited by MARijlaarsdam; 10-13-2017 at 05:55 AM. Reason: typo

Administrator

You would be better to not use Batch Ripper, instead run 4 CD Ripper programs.