title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Worn CD - Insecure Rip

Worn CD - Insecure Rip

I'm a fairly new user looking for some pointers.

I've set up as suggested in the the ripper guide. My drive has C2 error detection, which I am using. Most of my CDs rip ok, and I get a secure message for each track.

Some CDs (older/scratched) give an "insecure" message for some tracks (especially toward the end of the disc?). My procedure has been:

1. Eject the disc, clean it and try to re-rip those tracks.

2. If it fails again, I turn off the C2 error detection and try again. Sometimes that helps achieve an "secure".

My first question is, am I gaining anything by turning off the error detection? Or is the error still there, and just not being detected?

If the track is still not accurate after step 2, is there anything else I should do? Should I not stress about some inaccurate/insecure tracks? When I play it, it seems to sound ok.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Worn CD - Insecure Rip

>Or is the error still there, and just not being detected?

It is likely this.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ListenUp View Post
    Should I not stress about some inaccurate/insecure tracks?
    Depends entirely on your level of OCD. Your rip might be just one bit off from perfect, or it could be a thousand bits, but you or anybody else might not hear the difference (compared the bit-perfect version) in either case.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ListenUp View Post
    Should I not stress about some inaccurate/insecure tracks? When I play it, it seems to sound ok.
    If I can't detect any audio glitches in a track with an error, I note the error in my records and carry on. I see no reason to worry about it any further.

Ok, I’ll just clean the disc and re-rip the tracks in the future.

Thank you for the answers.
    Last edited by ListenUp; 10-10-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling