title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playback garbled.

Question Playback garbled.

Hi, longtime user of Auiograbber and MP3Gain. Decided to switch. After ripping CDs to mp3 with Lame extreme settings, mp3 playback is sometimes garbled. This happens with our without the replaygain DSP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Playback garbled.

Quote Originally Posted by mluna20 View Post
    Hi, longtime user of Auiograbber and MP3Gain. Decided to switch. After ripping CDs to mp3 with Lame extreme settings, mp3 playback is sometimes garbled. This happens with our without the replaygain DSP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    sometimes garbled? Always at same point in song or random? Same issue when you play on different players? are the rips indicated as ACCURATERIP matches when ripping?

When it happens it's the whole disc and it is repeatable 100% with that disc. Happens with both mp3 and flac. Have two optical drives and it happens with both. And it happens with Burst, Secure and Defective by Design. If is possible to downgrade to an earlier version? Gonna have to abandon if I can't get this resolved.

Exact Audio Copy works. But I prefer CD Ripper's options.

Since this appears to be the only method of support, I'd really like to get this resolved.

dBpoweramp Guru

Sorry. No idea. I&*8217;ve ripped thousands of CDs with dbpa to Flac and also converted to MP3. I haven&*8217;t seen the problem you are having.

Administrator

Does AccurateRip verify any of the garbled rips?

Which player are you using?

Well, I tried some things, like moving from ssd to hard drive and now I can't repro. I have dozens of cd's that I ripped that are garbled. Only a few made it un-garbled. If it comes back, I'll repost. And accurate rip and verify after rip both pass.

Thanks,

Mark