title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playback garbled.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mluna20
    • Oct 2017

Playback garbled.

Hi, longtime user of Auiograbber and MP3Gain. Decided to switch. After ripping CDs to mp3 with Lame extreme settings, mp3 playback is sometimes garbled. This happens with our without the replaygain DSP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Playback garbled.

Originally posted by mluna20
    Hi, longtime user of Auiograbber and MP3Gain. Decided to switch. After ripping CDs to mp3 with Lame extreme settings, mp3 playback is sometimes garbled. This happens with our without the replaygain DSP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    sometimes garbled? Always at same point in song or random? Same issue when you play on different players? are the rips indicated as ACCURATERIP matches when ripping?

Comment

• mluna20
      • Oct 2017

When it happens it's the whole disc and it is repeatable 100% with that disc. Happens with both mp3 and flac. Have two optical drives and it happens with both. And it happens with Burst, Secure and Defective by Design. If is possible to downgrade to an earlier version? Gonna have to abandon if I can't get this resolved.

Comment

• mluna20
        • Oct 2017

Exact Audio Copy works. But I prefer CD Ripper's options.

Comment

• mluna20
          • Oct 2017

Since this appears to be the only method of support, I'd really like to get this resolved.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Sorry. No idea. I&*8217;ve ripped thousands of CDs with dbpa to Flac and also converted to MP3. I haven&*8217;t seen the problem you are having.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Does AccurateRip verify any of the garbled rips?

Which player are you using?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mluna20
                • Oct 2017

Well, I tried some things, like moving from ssd to hard drive and now I can't repro. I have dozens of cd's that I ripped that are garbled. Only a few made it un-garbled. If it comes back, I'll repost. And accurate rip and verify after rip both pass.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Working...

]]>