title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
    Garym,

Yes, exactly! I am actually moving house next month which is going to delay things even further!

Wow, that's a hell of a lot of ripping you have recently completed!

Paul

When new CDs arrive (I get packages at the office), I rip them immediately. I can easily do it while I'm working on other stuff. i'm sitting in front of my computer anyhow.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
      When new CDs arrive (I get packages at the office), I rip them immediately. I can easily do it while I'm working on other stuff. i'm sitting in front of my computer anyhow.
      That's the SENSIBLE and ORGANISED method. Seemingly I am NOT sensible or organised!

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

That's the SENSIBLE and ORGANISED method. Seemingly I am NOT sensible or organised!
        You're a musician. If musicians were sensible and organized, no music would get created for me to listen to.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

You're a musician. If musicians were sensible and organized, no music would get created for me to listen to.
          Does Mr Spoon permit us to venture so off-topic?!

Comment

• GaryG45
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2014

Garym,
            It isn't a disease. It is similar to what some photography forum members call GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by GaryG45
              It isn't a disease. It is similar to what some photography forum members call GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
              lol - That's an awesome piece of terminology!

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GaryG45
                Garym,
                Love it. That's what I'll tell my wife. I have GAS. And thanks Gary....us Gary's have to stick together, it's a dying name after all:

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

Love it. That's what I'll tell my wife. I have GAS. And thanks Gary....us Gary's have to stick together, it's a dying name after all:
                  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-...s-names-dying/
                  I have always wanted to ask, please: is your first name actually Garym, or is it Gary and the 'M' is the 1st letter of you surname? When I first joined the forum I used to call you Gary but then I later switched to the former.

Daily Telegraph - that's MY paper so I take the article as gospel.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

My site-name is actually 'monsterjazzlicks' but this forum has an upper-limit on the amount of characters, so I (frustratingly) had to lose the 's'.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

I have always wanted to ask, please: is your first name actually Garym, or is it Gary and the 'M' is the 1st letter of you surname? When I first joined the forum I used to call you Gary but then I later switched to the former.

Daily Telegraph - that's MY paper so I take the article as gospel.

Gary, M is first letter of my last name. When I joined this and a few other music forms many moons ago, I didn't think very hard about my user name. I tried "gary" and it was taken, so just added the m. And then I used the same at several music forums. And now all these years later I'm stuck with a pretty boring username! But hey, I've had the same phone number since 1986 too.

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

My site-name is actually 'monsterjazzlicks' but this forum has an upper-limit on the amount of characters, so I (frustratingly) had to lose the 's'.

Makes sense. What kind of jazz player has only one "lick"?

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Jul 2017

Makes sense. What kind of jazz player has only one "lick"?
                          Ha ha, very witty! I think cheesy Kenny G falls into that category!

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Ha ha, very witty! I think cheesy Kenny G falls into that category!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jul 2017

Gary, M is first letter of my last name. When I joined this and a few other music forms many moons ago, I didn't think very hard about my user name. I tried "gary" and it was taken, so just added the m. And then I used the same at several music forums. And now all these years later I'm stuck with a pretty boring username! But hey, I've had the same phone number since 1986 too.
                              OK, thanks for the clarity.

In all honest, if I could wind the clock back I would have created a generic user-name (eg. 'Mr_123_Liverpool_UK'). Not that I have ever really posted anything that I've deeply regretted, but it would be great to remain anonymous, in hindsight. In the past 3 months I have closed down about 30 forums I no longer want to be a part of (I joined ones like 'Ableton Live' and I don't even own the DAW!).

I have had the same mobile number since 1999.
                              Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-17-2020, 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

Kenny G's wealth is probably greater than Herbie Hancock's and Chick Corea's COMBINED, I dare say!

Comment

Working...

]]>