title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    1. I Mean Madonna cd after ripping and again after running convert to process embedding art.
    I have converted Madonna from folder to embedded art. I followed the same steps/settings as I did earlier.

Before, the folder art-file disappeared after the conversion. But this time (I tried it twice actually) the folder remains, and so I assume the album now has both folder AND embedded? See what you think:

Thanks.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-28-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Dont know if they change. That&*8217;s what these tests are trying to figure out. That is, at what point do these extra tags get added. I&*8217;d want to see prerip, postrip, and post running batch conversion.
    Cheers. My only guess is that something may have been set incorrectly and somewhere along the way, over the past weekend, we have managed to get it corrected - inadvertently or not!

My head is pretty mashed with it; so must yours be!

I can't really complete my final 50 or so Classicals until I know this has been fixed. Classsicals are stressful enough without additional neg. factors.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-28-2018 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok. So no change tags post rip and post conversion, so everything works fine now?

dBpoweramp Guru

I think I have taken about 15 screengrabs tonight! lol That's got to be my record to date!

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok. So no change tags post rip and post conversion, so everything works fine now?
    Bizarre!

Yes, seems to be OK I think?

In the screenshot of '631', does this indicate to you that the Madonna CD has both folder and embedded art, please?
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-28-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

garym,

I have PM'd you.

Thanks,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    In the screenshot of '631', does this indicate to you that the Madonna CD has both folder and embedded art, please?
    You can answer this yourself.

1. Does the folder contain any .jpg files, named folder or cover?, If yes, then you have the folder artwork.
    2. When you select Edit ID-Tag, does the artwork appear in the Album Art section, at the bottom of Edit ID-Tag window?, If yes, then the file(s) have embedded artwork.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You can answer this yourself.

1. Does the folder contain any .jpg files, named folder or cover?, If yes, then you have the folder artwork.
    2. When you select Edit ID-Tag, does the artwork appear in the Album Art section, at the bottom of Edit ID-Tag window?, If yes, then the file(s) have embedded artwork.
    Hi mville,

It now seems that whenever I try and use 'Batch Converter' to change folder art to embedded, it does create an embedded version BUT the folder art remains in place! I have just tested it about 10 times now, and same results for all. I assumed it was converting everything correctly, but now, having tried it multiple times, the folder art is not being removed (ie. so I have TWO artwork 'versions' per CD!). This is what has been throwing me all along. However, I am still holding my hand up in case their is a mis-configured setting on MY part.

Cheers.

Administrator

The embedding of art (via Update ID Tag) would not delete folder.jpg, if you wish to remove all those you can open a Windows explorer window, browse to the root of all your music and in the search section on the right type:

folder.jpg

There will be a large list of found files, you can select them all and delete them to recycle bin.

dBpoweramp Guru

I might keep them both anyhow. Doesnt hurt anything.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The embedding of art (via Update ID Tag) would not delete folder.jpg, if you wish to remove all those you can open a Windows explorer window, browse to the root of all your music and in the search section on the right type:

folder.jpg

There will be a large list of found files, you can select them all and delete them to recycle bin.
    Thanks Spoon. I'll have a look tomorrow ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

folder.jpg

Do we trust Windoze in terms of 'reliability'?!

dBpoweramp Guru

Do we trust Windoze in terms of 'reliability'?!
    Yes

dBpoweramp Guru

yes
    ok.

dBpoweramp Guru

It now seems that whenever I try and use 'Batch Converter' to change folder art to embedded, it does create an embedded version BUT the folder art remains in place! I have just tested it about 10 times now, and same results for all. I assumed it was converting everything correctly, but now, having tried it multiple times, the folder art is not being removed (ie. so I have TWO artwork 'versions' per CD!).
    Why assume the ID Tag Update utility codec would remove artwork OR that you can only have one or the other, i.e. what if you wanted both folder artwork and embedded artwork?
    Last edited by mville; 08-30-2018 at 06:18 AM.