title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    So so when you click on the ID tag processing dsp do you see the extra tags being added
    Unwanted and duplicate tags (ALBUMSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, TITLESORT, and ARTISTSORT) are no longer being added. I have tested this multiple times now and on bulk amounts of files:

I need to come back to the 'artwork' conversion settings again next...

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Unwanted and duplicate tags (ALBUMSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, TITLESORT, and ARTISTSORT) are no longer being added. I have tested this multiple times now and on bulk amounts of files:

I need to come back to the 'artwork' conversion settings again next...
    Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered these before:

'AlbumArtSmall'; I think Windows self-creates a system-file artwork circa 200x200?

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-04-2018 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered these before:

'AlbumArtSmall'; I think Windows self-creates a system-file artwork circa 200x200?

Cheers,

Paul
    Yes, Windows Media player creates these things automatically, sometimes even replacing your good artwork. Turn windows media player off and don't let it touch your files! (I thought you already did this).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Paul,
    I've seen AlbumArtSmall.jpg and AlbumArtLarge.jpg files. They are created by Windows Media Player from what I remember. I think I disabled Windows Media Player to stop them from being created.

Gary

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG45 View Post
    Paul,
    I've seen AlbumArtSmall.jpg and AlbumArtLarge.jpg files. They are created by Windows Media Player from what I remember. I think I disabled Windows Media Player to stop them from being created.

Gary
    Thanks GaryG,

Bloody pain! I only noticed these over the weekend. I think they are hidden, but I would rather they were not there in the first place. Maybe I am stuck with them now?

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, Windows Media player creates these things automatically, sometimes even replacing your good artwork. Turn windows media player off and don't let it touch your files! (I thought you already did this).
    Hi Garym,

Correct, I don't used WMP. But somehow it must have got its claws on them! I remember having a discussion on here about uninstalling WMP, and I am sure I was told it's not possible (because it's baked into Win_10).

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

... I don't know if deleting it from 'X86' would help?

dBpoweramp Guru

Damn box must have 're-checked' itself during a Win_Update or something!? I definitely made a point of disabling it sometime ago.

Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-04-2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

Microsoft is known for messing with settings for its software when it comes to Windows updates.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Microsoft is known for messing with settings for its software when it comes to Windows updates.
    I am certain this is what must have happened. I even tried totally disabling Win-Updates, but they still trickle though!

dBpoweramp Guru

I am certain this is what must have happened. I even tried totally disabling Win-Updates, but they still trickle though!
    Odd. Ive kept my win10 machine updated and it&*8217;s never re-ticked the WMP.

dBpoweramp Guru

Odd. Ive kept my win10 machine updated and it's never re-ticked the WMP.
    Mine neither, WMP remains un-ticked.

WOW! This thread's huge! I've read just a little and learned a lot. Lot more to read.

Wanted to get the expert's opinions on my personal naming methodology before I get too much further along with ripping.... let me know if you see any problems with my choices. Since some of my players don't support "sort" functionality (JRiver, old iPod; Astell & Kern), I've opted to list 'last-name-first' manually and using 'tilde' & 'vertical slashes':

*1: John Abercrombie Dave Holland Jack DeJohnette - "Gateway 2"
    Album Artist: Abercrombie, John
    Artist: Abercrombie ~ John Abercrombie | Dave Holland | Jack DeJohnette
    Album: Gateway 2

*2: Jeff Babko with Jeff Coffin & Vinnie Colaiuta - "Mondo Trio"
    Album Artist: Babko, Jeff
    Artist: Babko ~ Jeff Babko | Jeff Coffin | Vinnie Colaiuta
    Album: Mondo Trio

*3: Chick Corea Elektric Band - "Eye Of The Beholder"
    Album Artist: Corea, Chick
    Artist: Corea ~ Chick Corea Elektric Band
    Album: Eye Of The Beholder

Thoughts, opinions or considerations? Appreciate all comments=)

-Theleb

dBpoweramp Guru

Lightbulb Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Hi Theleb_Kaarna,

I am pleased to hear you have found this thread useful.

I am not sure if my tagging protocol would be of use to you, but out of interest here are some (Chick Corea CD) screenshots I just made:

They may or may not be of help.

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-26-2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Link

Greetings from across the pond!

Hi Paul, appreciate you taking the time to share some screenshots. It is useful to me to see the various tagging protocols other enthusiasts use which ultimately serves to remind me there isn't just 'one right way'. I'm personally finding it difficult to commit to a specific methodology for how I want to handle tags (namely Album Artist, Artist & Album). For instance I stated in my original post that I opted to not use Sort functionality, and not name artists 'first-name-first' etc, but am wondering if I might regret that later (don't expect you to respond to this, just thinking out loud). Also, while I like the appearance of the "vertical Slash" ( | ), using it takes up additional spaces (with a space on either side, hence making the Artist Name longer). Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, I dunno.

So going back to the 'last-name-first' method (which I'm still leaning towards), I'm now considering a couple different ways. So for example: Béla Fleck & The Flecktones I'd maybe write "Fleck ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones" or "Fleck, Béla, & The Flecktones" which would also work. But for The Jeff Beck Group the second method doesn't flow as well IMO. So: "Beck ~ The Jeff Beck Group" works OK, but not "Beck, Jeff, Group, The" or "Beck, Jeff, The, Group". As such, I'm still leaning towards my original method, though it's obvious drawback is using an additional (and somewhat redundant) name/word that's repeated plus a tilde (ie "Fleck ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones" - where "Fleck" appears twice in the name). I've also considered doing a single letter/character as the lead-in (ie "F ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones"), but if I had several other "F's" by different artists, they likely wouldn't be as alpha organized.

Anyways, just trying to think it through and work it all out. Thanks again for your post=)

-Theleb