title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I use File Explorer to create a New Text Document (which uses notepad and not word pad). When I open the text file in Word 2016 on a Windows 10 PC, it automatically opens the File Conversion window and automatically selects Cyrillic (Windows).
    Thanks mville,

I think you mean steps along the lines of this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sa...pBWKKX8psGk8VA

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

I managed to trace one on the Russian CDs using Google Translate:

https://www.classicdvd.cz/PRAVOSLAVN...hodox-Songs-CD

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Cool Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Hi folks,

I have been absent from here for some time now, I am aware. I have been concentrating on a music notation s/w (Avid's 'Sibelius') during all my spare hours because I am am composing material for an 8 piece band I formed last summer.

But I have really MISSED this site, I can promise; and I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I got as far as ripping circa 90% of my CD collection since purchasing 'Illustrate' some time ago. Also, I have since purchased around 30 hard-copy CDs on eBay/Amazon which have been sitting around in my office waiting to be ripped to FLAC. Admittedly, I have a considerable backlog in this regard.

Secondly, I hate having to admit this, but there a few little (or big, depending on your perspective!) aspects relating to many previous rips that I would like to change (after living with them for a couple of years). For instance, losing 'Hoboken' references from the titles of Classical musical works (they make the titles very elongated and really, in all honesty, don't need to be included - I feel).

In any event, I look forward to recommencing with my ripping and also frequenting this excellent forum in due course...

Best,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-03-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Welcome back. and note that you can do edits of tags and file names after the fact with either dbpa ID tag editing tools or tools like "mp3tag".

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Welcome back. and note that you can do edits of tags and file names after the fact with either dbpa ID tag editing tools or tools like "mp3tag".
    Thanks a lot Garym,

Great to be with you again mate! I also had some health issues which took me away from my usual course. I'm aged 52 this year; so not getting any younger!

I'll post here again over the weekend as I plan to start up again...

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Thanks a lot Garym,

Great to be with you again mate! I also had some health issues which took me away from my usual course. I'm aged 52 this year; so not getting any younger!

I'll post here again over the weekend as I plan to start up again...

Paul

52! You're still a youngster my friend.

dBpoweramp Guru

Wink Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

52! You're still a youngster my friend.
    Ha ha, garym! Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi garym; yes, thanks. I certainly won't be re-ripping any existing materials again. I made that mistake when I very first purchased dBpa.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-04-2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Secondly, I hate having to admit this, but there a few little (or big, depending on your perspective!) aspects relating to many previous rips that I would like to change (after living with them for a couple of years). For instance, losing 'Hoboken' references from the titles of Classical musical works (they make the titles very elongated and really, in all honesty, don't need to be included - I feel).
    In addition to the 5 supported classical music tags, I added 2 custom classical tags for opus/catalogue numbers and alternative work titles.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thumbs up Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

In addition to the 5 supported classical music tags, I added 2 custom classical tags for opus/catalogue numbers and alternative work titles.
    Nice to be in touch again Mville

Thank you for your kind suggestion; that is very helpful and is something of which I am likely to adopt. As I mention, I included this data with the TITLE field and in parenthesis - hence the amount of characters is astronomic!

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 06-04-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Mville,

I am still working my way through re-doing many of my jazz CD TAGS. I have way more 'jazz' than 'classical' genres. I am really only changing the naming schemes (where applicable) and also some of the artworks. However this does take quite some time, I am discovering...

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Paul,
    Glad to see you back, and it is good to hear that you are healthy. I haven't been on the site much lately. In Feb I ripped 2 CDs that I had missed and otherwise I'm enjoying the music I ripped. And you are young at 52.

Gary

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG45 View Post
    Glad to see you back, and it is good to hear that you are healthy. I haven't been on the site much lately. In Feb I ripped 2 CDs that I had missed and otherwise I'm enjoying the music I ripped. And you are young at 52.
    Hi Gary,

I hope you're well mate.

I have around 30+ CDs I purchased on eBay and Amazon last year to rip. In fact I have still not even listened to them!

Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Gary,

I hope you're well mate.

I have around 30+ CDs I purchased on eBay and Amazon last year to rip. In fact I have still not even listened to them!

Cheers.

Wow. Time to get busy. I just checked and from Jan 1, 2020 until today, June 16, 2020, I've added 1,974 tracks to my library (99% ripped from newly purchased CDs). Hard to tell exactly how many albums that is, but if one assumes 20 tracks per CD,that's 99 CDs. Sounds about right. It's a disease.

dBpoweramp Guru

Wow. Time to get busy. I just checked and from Jan 1, 2020 until today, June 16, 2020, I've added 1,974 tracks to my library (99% ripped from newly purchased CDs). Hard to tell exactly how many albums that is, but if one assumes 20 tracks per CD,that's 99 CDs. Sounds about right. It's a disease.
    Garym,

Yes, exactly! I am actually moving house next month which is going to delay things even further!

Wow, that's a hell of a lot of ripping you have recently completed!

Paul