title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Originally posted by garym
    So so when you click on the ID tag processing dsp do you see the extra tags being added
    Unwanted and duplicate tags (ALBUMSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, TITLESORT, and ARTISTSORT) are no longer being added. I have tested this multiple times now and on bulk amounts of files:

I need to come back to the 'artwork' conversion settings again next...

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
      Unwanted and duplicate tags (ALBUMSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, TITLESORT, and ARTISTSORT) are no longer being added. I have tested this multiple times now and on bulk amounts of files:

I need to come back to the 'artwork' conversion settings again next...
      Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered these before:

'AlbumArtSmall'; I think Windows self-creates a system-file artwork circa 200x200?

Cheers,

Paul
      Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-04-2018, 09:59 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Hi,

Has anyone ever encountered these before:
        'AlbumArtSmall'; I think Windows self-creates a system-file artwork circa 200x200?

Cheers,

Paul
        Yes, Windows Media player creates these things automatically, sometimes even replacing your good artwork. Turn windows media player off and don't let it touch your files! (I thought you already did this).

Comment

• GaryG45
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2014

Paul,
          I've seen AlbumArtSmall.jpg and AlbumArtLarge.jpg files. They are created by Windows Media Player from what I remember. I think I disabled Windows Media Player to stop them from being created.

Gary

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by GaryG45
            Paul,
            I've seen AlbumArtSmall.jpg and AlbumArtLarge.jpg files. They are created by Windows Media Player from what I remember. I think I disabled Windows Media Player to stop them from being created.

Gary
            Thanks GaryG,

Bloody pain! I only noticed these over the weekend. I think they are hidden, but I would rather they were not there in the first place. Maybe I am stuck with them now?

Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Yes, Windows Media player creates these things automatically, sometimes even replacing your good artwork. Turn windows media player off and don't let it touch your files! (I thought you already did this).
              Hi Garym,

Correct, I don't used WMP. But somehow it must have got its claws on them! I remember having a discussion on here about uninstalling WMP, and I am sure I was told it's not possible (because it's baked into Win_10).

Paul

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Jul 2017

... I don't know if deleting it from 'X86' would help?

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

Damn box must have 're-checked' itself during a Win_Update or something!? I definitely made a point of disabling it sometime ago.
                  Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-04-2018, 10:42 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Jailhouse
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Sep 2016

Microsoft is known for messing with settings for its software when it comes to Windows updates.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Jailhouse
                      Microsoft is known for messing with settings for its software when it comes to Windows updates.
                      I am certain this is what must have happened. I even tried totally disabling Win-Updates, but they still trickle though!

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

I am certain this is what must have happened. I even tried totally disabling Win-Updates, but they still trickle though!
                        Odd. Ive kept my win10 machine updated and it&*8217;s never re-ticked the WMP.

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

Odd. Ive kept my win10 machine updated and it's never re-ticked the WMP.
                          Mine neither, WMP remains un-ticked.

Comment

• Theleb_Kaarna
                            • Jan 2017

WOW! This thread's huge! I've read just a little and learned a lot. Lot more to read.

Wanted to get the expert's opinions on my personal naming methodology before I get too much further along with ripping.... let me know if you see any problems with my choices. Since some of my players don't support "sort" functionality (JRiver, old iPod; Astell & Kern), I've opted to list 'last-name-first' manually and using 'tilde' & 'vertical slashes':

*1: John Abercrombie Dave Holland Jack DeJohnette - "Gateway 2"
                            Album Artist: Abercrombie, John
                            Artist: Abercrombie ~ John Abercrombie | Dave Holland | Jack DeJohnette
                            Album: Gateway 2

*2: Jeff Babko with Jeff Coffin & Vinnie Colaiuta - "Mondo Trio"
                            Album Artist: Babko, Jeff
                            Artist: Babko ~ Jeff Babko | Jeff Coffin | Vinnie Colaiuta
                            Album: Mondo Trio

*3: Chick Corea Elektric Band - "Eye Of The Beholder"
                            Album Artist: Corea, Chick
                            Artist: Corea ~ Chick Corea Elektric Band
                            Album: Eye Of The Beholder

Thoughts, opinions or considerations? Appreciate all comments=)

-Theleb

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jul 2017

Hi Theleb_Kaarna,

I am pleased to hear you have found this thread useful.

I am not sure if my tagging protocol would be of use to you, but out of interest here are some (Chick Corea CD) screenshots I just made:

They may or may not be of help.

Cheers,

Paul
                              Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 09-26-2018, 03:44 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Theleb_Kaarna
                                • Jan 2017

Greetings from across the pond!

Hi Paul, appreciate you taking the time to share some screenshots. It is useful to me to see the various tagging protocols other enthusiasts use which ultimately serves to remind me there isn't just 'one right way'. I'm personally finding it difficult to commit to a specific methodology for how I want to handle tags (namely Album Artist, Artist & Album). For instance I stated in my original post that I opted to not use Sort functionality, and not name artists 'first-name-first' etc, but am wondering if I might regret that later (don't expect you to respond to this, just thinking out loud). Also, while I like the appearance of the "vertical Slash" ( | ), using it takes up additional spaces (with a space on either side, hence making the Artist Name longer). Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, I dunno.

So going back to the 'last-name-first' method (which I'm still leaning towards), I'm now considering a couple different ways. So for example: Béla Fleck & The Flecktones I'd maybe write "Fleck ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones" or "Fleck, Béla, & The Flecktones" which would also work. But for The Jeff Beck Group the second method doesn't flow as well IMO. So: "Beck ~ The Jeff Beck Group" works OK, but not "Beck, Jeff, Group, The" or "Beck, Jeff, The, Group". As such, I'm still leaning towards my original method, though it's obvious drawback is using an additional (and somewhat redundant) name/word that's repeated plus a tilde (ie "Fleck ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones" - where "Fleck" appears twice in the name). I've also considered doing a single letter/character as the lead-in (ie "F ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones"), but if I had several other "F's" by different artists, they likely wouldn't be as alpha organized.

Anyways, just trying to think it through and work it all out. Thanks again for your post=)

-Theleb

Comment

Working...

]]>