title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi-Session / Multi-Changer

Multi-Session / Multi-Changer

Hi all,
    I have been using dbPoweramp for years and using it with the Sony Vaio VDP XL-1B. I have run it in many configurations starting with XP MCE, XP Pro, Win 7, Win 8.1, and now Win 10 Pro. I have been able to get all these OS's to batch rip with the Sony Changer using this software. Up until now I have always had a single changer married to a single computer and therefor have always operated them simultaneously (I have 4 changers). It is time to retire a couple of the computers and rather than buy new ones I wanted to explore daisy chaining them and then launching a different Batch Ripper session for each changer in the daisy chain. I saw this suggested in another post to work around the problem of repeats when there are a different number of CD's in each changer. Isolating a changer to a Batch Ripper session would give each changer the anonymity necessary to control the batch specific to the changer.

My Problem: In Win 10 Pro I can't get Batch ripper to launch multiple sessions. Once I have a session open, if I go back to start another session it just takes me to the session already open. Is there a trick to launching multiple sessions?

Administrator

Re: Multi-Session / Multi-Changer

Multiple batch ripper sessions would not help, as each 'drive' in Batch ripper is handled on its own.

Re: Multi-Session / Multi-Changer

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Multiple batch ripper sessions would not help, as each 'drive' in Batch ripper is handled on its own.
    OK...... Handles each drive in what way? When I daisy chain them the second drive is visible in the batch ripper session but it won't actually drive it. Is there a set of specific instructions that describes how to setup multiple changers with a single computer running Batch Ripper?

Don't get me wrong... I appreciate the response... but the response only tells me I am wrong in my thoughts and offers no help in moving the right direction. Can someone help me with how to move in a success oriented manner or should I accept the limitation and buy more computers? Thanks in advance for any help.