title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

batch convert: merge .wav audio and .mp3 tags?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultradB
    • Oct 2017

batch convert: merge .wav audio and .mp3 tags?

Hello - I have a specific use case to ask about.

I have a large set of .wav files that need to be batch converted to FLAC. That's extremely easy to do in dBpowereamp.

The challenge is that the metadata needed for the resultant FLAC files resides in same-named .mp3 files. So, for example, for each audio track, I have:

spoon_IndaHouzz.wav (source for audio)
    spoon_IndaHouzz.mp3 (source for tags)

Is there a straightforward, automated way to get dBpoweramp to transcode the .wav files to FLAC while applying the tags from the same-named .mp3 file for each track?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: batch convert: merge .wav audio and .mp3 tags?

Originally posted by ultradB
    Is there a straightforward, automated way to get dBpoweramp to transcode the .wav files to FLAC while applying the tags from the same-named .mp3 file for each track?
    No, the tags would need to exist in the wav files prior to conversion, or you would need to copy/import from the mp3 files to the flac files, post conversion.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Convert the mp3 files to FLAC and include the DSP effect 'xml writer' and have it write the tags out to a file (all default options).

Then convert the wave files to flac and include the DSP Effect 'xml reader' it should import the xml previously written.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ultradB
        • Oct 2017

Thank you for these workarounds.

I will need to process large volumes of files in an ongoing fashion, so doing double-transcodes will be a doubly heavy process.

I posted this question generally and got an interesting response here as well: http://tinyurl.com/ybdnevjw

What do you think about being the first transcoder to include this functionality built-in to the GUI?

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

There are many ways to accomplish what you ultimately want, but you were asking if there was a straightforward, automated way to do this and sadly, there isn't.

Personally, I would:
          1. Convert the wav files to flac.
          2. Open the mp3 files in MP3Tag and export all the tags.
          3. Open the flac files in MP3Tag and import the exported tags.
          4. DONE.

Comment

Working...

]]>