title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Display "Encoded by" Tag

Display "Encoded by" Tag

Capture.jpg

Hi all, I'm trying to display the "Encoding Tool" tag as a library field in JRiver. I've added a new tag field called "Encoding Tool" but nothing displays. I'm guessing the actual tag name in the file is slightly different but I can't see it in any other tag editor. I've been able to display the Accurate Rip results tag info but this "Encoding Tool" tag is proving more tricky. Any thoughts?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Display "Encoded by" Tag

Quote Originally Posted by nsxelent View Post
    Capture.jpg

Hi all, I'm trying to display the "Encoding Tool" tag as a library field in JRiver. I've added a new tag field called "Encoding Tool" but nothing displays. I'm guessing the actual tag name in the file is slightly different but I can't see it in any other tag editor. I've been able to display the Accurate Rip results tag info but this "Encoding Tool" tag is proving more tricky. Any thoughts?
    I have dbpa include the "encoded by" as one of the tag fields (ticked in the dbpa ripper settings under metadata and ID tags). I can see this tag show up in mp3tag for my FLAC files when I use the tag reference name "_tool" (without the " and note the underline character before the t.

Thanks garym! I just tried adding a new field in JRiver called "_tool" (without the " and with the underline), and no luck. It looks like the only tag field in JRiver with a preceding "_" so maybe it's having an issue with that character.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nsxelent View Post
    Thanks garym! I just tried adding a new field in JRiver called "_tool" (without the " and with the underline), and no luck. It looks like the only tag field in JRiver with a preceding "_" so maybe it's having an issue with that character.
    have you tried
    ENCODED BY

That's what LMS and foobar2000 both show as the field name when I look at tags.