title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Music Problems With iOS 11 & iTunes 12.7

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Apple Music Problems With iOS 11 & iTunes 12.7

I'm having problems after updating to iTunes 12.7 from 12.6 & iOS 11 from 10.3.3 ??

on “downloading” / "copying" music using iTunes 12.7 on to my iPhone 6s+ I get the music ripped with dBpower v16 as the attachment marked in a red circle (i.e. the Dire Straits & the Double Vision )

the attached screen shot shows the "grouping" mentioned in the track name place .... the screen shot with the green tick mark is the same CD ripped with XLD ... it is all ok ...

pls assist ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Apple Music Problems With iOS 11 & iTunes 12.7

Check what the track names look like in Edit ID-Tag and iTunes 12.7, correct name or replaced by grouping?

Administrator

Which audio format are you ripping to?

If you select a track in finder >> right click >> edit tags with dBpoweramp

Post a screen shot of that please.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

dear sir,
    pls find attached ...http:///Users/hitarth/Library/Mobile...nts/dpower.moviphone screen shot.jpg

I have attached the screen shot of what is on the iPhone's Apple Music app & the files in finder of the itunes ..

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

hi
    I'm ripping my music with dBpower on my Windows partition, saving all the music on an ext HDD & them importing the songs / albums in my iTunes on my Mac.
    all the track names are ok ( I have also tried what Mr.. Spoon has suggested below )

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

sir,
    I am using a Mac.
    I'm ripping my music with dBpower on my Windows partition, saving all the music on an ext HDD & them importing the songs / albums in my iTunes on my Mac.
    all the track names are ok ( I have also tried what you have suggested below but on my windows partition but cant manage to get a screen shot )

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

2017-09-30 (6).jpg

I hope I got it right !!

Administrator

You would be better ripping to Apple lossless

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

yes, sir,
    that's what i tried .. well i did not ripp all my CDs again to ALAC, but on conveting them to ALAC (some with dBpower & some with XLD, did not want to try with iTunes itself) .. made things right .... further, the CDs i have ripped with XLD are "A" OK ...
    thanks for for your time.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

hi, Mr Spoon,
    hope all well your side ... just filling you in with my latest experience ... (-;

I had a copy of my ripped CDs which I had ripped with XLD in AIFF format .. on putting these in the iTunes & syncing onto my iPhone 6s+ ... ALL OK !!!

I did have some of the CDs ripped with dBpower in ALAC and that too worked well on the iPhone ( mind you I am still using the iTunes 12.7 & iOS 11.0.3 ).

On syncing CDs ripped with dBpower in AIFF, I have tried to CMD + I to change the properties of the tracks .. ie .. to delete anything in the "grouping" field ... ( I typed in a "space" .. ) even them the "grouping" names show up in the track name.

however all CDs show up well in my iPod Classic ... which is updated with the latest OS ( I'm not sure the no.)

thanks for everything ...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would be better ripping to Apple lossless
    dearest mr spoonScreenshot 2017-11-05 19.43.01.jpg,
    hope all well your side .. I was going thru your article w r the ID tagging of songs in iTunes. I am having a bit of a problem after updating to iOS 11 on my iPhone.
    I have got Cd ripped with dBpower & were working all good prior to the update ... after the update, I cant see the song name on the iPhone but I see the "grouping" names .. atlas thats what I thought ... but on digging more into iTunes 12.7 .. what I see is on the "song" field in iTunes .. there is an drop down option ... and there we have a "work name" its the 1st time I notices this in my last 20 years of using iTunes ... if I drop this down .. the info which I see on the iPhone, which I thought was the "grouping" name .. appears in the "work name" field ... I tried deleting this .. & re syncing the tracks .. but no luck ... I know im close .. but not there ... pls could u help

Administrator

Work name is used for classical music, did you fill these fields in when ripping with dBpoweramp?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Work name is used for classical music, did you fill these fields in when ripping with dBpoweramp?
    hi Mr Spoon,

many thanks for your reply.

very frankly, I have never come across that setting .... is there a way to delete / amend it, across the board .. ??

this phenomenon doesn't occur on :
    1 ] any CDs ripped to AIFF with XLD.
    2 ] any CDs ripped to FLAC with EAC & then converted to AIFF.
    3 ] any CDs ripped to ALAC with either dBpower of XLD .. basically it doesn't happen to ALAC files.

Administrator

Please email one of your AIFF files which is showing this issue. Address is here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Please email one of your AIFF files which is showing this issue. Address is here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    hi,
    I've sent it on a separate email.
    I have also sent my settings, as they cant be uploaded to this chat