title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Music Problems With iOS 11 & iTunes 12.7

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Apple Music Problems With iOS 11 & iTunes 12.7

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please email one of your AIFF files which is showing this issue. Address is here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    hi Mr spoon,
    thanks for your help ... pls find below link to the problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/31521131

Administrator

>on the "song" field in iTunes .. there is an drop down option ... and there we have a "work name" its the 1st time I notices this in my last 20 years of using iTunes ...

This is a new feature of iTunes, you cannot turn it off. The file you sent me was correctly tagged.

Apple are using the Style tag to set work name (only for AIFF), so you can delete this tag by including the DSP Effect 'ID Tag processing' and set to delete the tag 'Style'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

>on the "song" field in iTunes .. there is an drop down option ... and there we have a "work name" its the 1st time I notices this in my last 20 years of using iTunes ...

This is a new feature of iTunes, you cannot turn it off. The file you sent me was correctly tagged.

Apple are using the Style tag to set work name (only for AIFF), so you can delete this tag by including the DSP Effect 'ID Tag processing' and set to delete the tag 'Style'
    sir, many thanks ...
    so, do I re rip all my CDs with this setting again ??? or is there a way to change the setting on already ripped CDs ???

Administrator

You can use Batch Converter, install 'ID Tag Update' from:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Then select your root music folder in Batch Converter, click Convert, set the encoder as 'ID Tag Update' and add the option to remove the Style Tag. Click Convert.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    hi,
    I've sent it on a separate email.
    I have also sent my settings, as they cant be uploaded to this chat
    Sir,
    Thanks for this suggestion "You would not have ‘Clear Read Cache with FUA’ set for your drive."
    I will try out like this, even though my drive caches.

Further, I was trying out ripping some of my CDs & I am coming across a problem, where the last few tracks are nor “insecure” …. The CDs are clean .. no scratches ..

Please could you help me with this.

Administrator

The CD does not need to have scratches, it can have a manufacturing defect which the eye cannot see. Try ripping in a different CD drive.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thanks will try & get back to you.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The CD does not need to have scratches, it can have a manufacturing defect which the eye cannot see. Try ripping in a different CD drive.
    this I ripped with the Apple SuperDrive. I use the super drive on the Windows partition on the mac, when I ripped with the built in drive there was no error on the same CD ... I have a LG drive too .. that too gave me the same problem ... but when i used the LG drive on XLD on the mac partition .. all well ...."no errors occurred"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

You can use Batch Converter, install 'ID Tag Update' from:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Then select your root music folder in Batch Converter, click Convert, set the encoder as 'ID Tag Update' and add the option to remove the Style Tag. Click Convert.
    thanks I will try & get back to you.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

You would be better ripping to Apple lossless
    yes, sir
    this was better ... no probels .. and no converting & re converting

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thanks I will try & get back to you.
    sir, I tried & this is what I got :

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\02 - ABBA - Track 2.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\02 - ABBA - Track 2.IGNORE'
    Error writing to file, disk full? [clAIFFHandler::WriteChunkHeaders]

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\04 - ABBA - Track 4.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\04 - ABBA - Track 4.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\01 - ABBA - Track 1.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\01 - ABBA - Track 1.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\05 - ABBA - Track 5.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\05 - ABBA - Track 5.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\06 - ABBA - Track 6.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\06 - ABBA - Track 6.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\07 - ABBA - Track 7.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\07 - ABBA - Track 7.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\08 - ABBA - Track 8.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\08 - ABBA - Track 8.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\03 - ABBA - Track 3.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\03 - ABBA - Track 3.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\09 - ABBA - Track 9.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\09 - ABBA - Track 9.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\10 - ABBA - Track 10.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\10 - ABBA - Track 10.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\11 - ABBA - Track 11.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\11 - ABBA - Track 11.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\12 - ABBA - Track 12.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\12 - ABBA - Track 12.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\13 - ABBA - Track 13.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\13 - ABBA - Track 13.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\16 - ABBA - Track 16.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\16 - ABBA - Track 16.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\18 - ABBA - Track 18.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\18 - ABBA - Track 18.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\14 - ABBA - Track 14.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\14 - ABBA - Track 14.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\15 - ABBA - Track 15.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\15 - ABBA - Track 15.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\17 - ABBA - Track 17.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\17 - ABBA - Track 17.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\02 - Alicia Keys - Go Ahead.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\02 - Alicia Keys - Go Ahead.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\03 - Alicia Keys - Superwoman.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\03 - Alicia Keys - Superwoman.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\01 - Alicia Keys - As I Am (Intro).aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\01 - Alicia Keys - As I Am (Intro).IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\06 - Alicia Keys - Lesson Learned Ft. John Mayer.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\06 - Alicia Keys - Lesson Learned Ft. John Mayer.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\08 - Alicia Keys - The Thing About Love.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\08 - Alicia Keys - The Thing About Love.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\04 - Alicia Keys - No One.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\04 - Alicia Keys - No One.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\05 - Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\05 - Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\07 - Alicia Keys - Wreckless Love.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\07 - Alicia Keys - Wreckless Love.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\09 - Alicia Keys - Teenage Love Affair.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\09 - Alicia Keys - Teenage Love Affair.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\10 - Alicia Keys - I Need You.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\10 - Alicia Keys - I Need You.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\11 - Alicia Keys - Where Do We Go From Here.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\11 - Alicia Keys - Where Do We Go From Here.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\12 - Alicia Keys - Prelude To A Kiss.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\12 - Alicia Keys - Prelude To A Kiss.IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\13 - Alicia Keys - Tell You Something (Nana's Reprise).aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\13 - Alicia Keys - Tell You Something (Nana's Reprise).IGNORE'

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\14 - Alicia Keys - Sure Looks Good To Me.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\Alicia Keys - 2007 - CD 1 - As I Am [SUL] - Aiff\14 - Alicia Keys - Sure Looks Good To Me.IGNORE'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Hitarth;178928]sir, I tried & this is what I got :

Error converting to [ID Tag Update], 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\02 - ABBA - Track 2.aif' to 'E:\COLLECTION - SUL CD [126]\ABBA - 1992 - CD 1 - Greatest Hits - Abba Gold [SUL] - Aiff\02 - ABBA - Track 2.IGNORE'

this is the setting
    2017-11-10.png

Administrator

Your files might be read only, check they are writable and the location they are stored on has write permissions for your user account.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sir,
    Thanks for this suggestion "You would not have ‘Clear Read Cache with FUA’ set for your drive."
    I will try out like this, even though my drive caches.

Further, I was trying out ripping some of my CDs & I am coming across a problem, where the last few tracks are nor “insecure” …. The CDs are clean .. no scratches ..

Please could you help me with this.
    sir,
    besides the, what you suggested, "You would not have ‘Clear Read Cache with FUA’ set for your drive."
    are my other settings ok ??

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Your files might be read only, check they are writable and the location they are stored on has write permissions for your user account.
    will try these files again .... in the mean while, some files in another location did well ... thanks