title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Regarding selecting the "reading into the lead / lead out" option during set-up...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theleb_Kaarna
    • Jan 2017

Regarding selecting the "reading into the lead / lead out" option during set-up...

Hey Spoon, per your guide: "[Advanced option] If your CD drive supports reading into the lead / lead out, check the option Read into Lead-in or Lead-out (most CD drives do not support this)".

This is my external optical/Blu-ray burner drive: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16827136288

I searched all over the HydrogenAudio.org wiki to try and determine whether or not my drive supports this functionality (reading into the lead / lead out) but I'm at a loss. Further, I reached-out to LG Support to see if they could tell me but their response wasn't beaming with confidence: "Yes, it does.... we're pretty certain".

It's a relatively high-dollar drive so I'm guessing it's fairly reasonable to conclude LG's response that it does support this functionality is accurate, but I want to be sure.

My questions:

1. Can you steer me in the right direction for better instruction/understanding of how I can go about determining this for myself (maybe I overlooked/missed the correct section in the Wiki?)?
    2. If I mistakenly choose the wrong option, what are the repercussions?

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Regarding selecting the "reading into the lead / lead out" option during set-up..

I would leave it unchecked, you do not lose much (a handful of silence samples).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hotdog
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2015

Re: Regarding selecting the "reading into the lead / lead out" option during set-up..

Originally posted by Spoon
      I would leave it unchecked, you do not lose much (a handful of silence samples).
      It seems best for me to do this too - the DAE Features database does not tell me whether my drive supports it?
      Model: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

Comment

Working...

]]>