title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Submit AccurateRip Results Error

Submit AccurateRip Results Error

I've looked at other threads where people have had problems with submitting results to AccurateRip where people have suggested they had something blocking the connection when they had problems.

I've had the same problem, and have confirmed I do not have anything blocking the connection. I have also sniffed the network stream and seen that it starts to submit the results to the accuraterip server, but after sending a limited set of data it fails. I would guess the problem is that I have too many results to submit and the server is set to cancel the connection after some amount of data is sent.

Currently I have 3,589 discs, and 45,339 tracks to submit. Some of them currently exist in the DB and some of them do not. It seems like it would be good for the community in general if I could get my results to go through.

Thank you for any time in advance.

dboweramp problem.png

Administrator

Re: Submit AccurateRip Results Error

Yes the server will only accept a certain submission size.

So I can never submit the results?

Administrator

Sorry you cannot.

I kind of get why you have limits, but come'on man. I have a lot of data to send you, I would imagine many much more CD information that one of your normal users (no offense to those other users, but I literally have thousands of CDs to upload with meta data). You want to just pass on that data? No other way to give it to you or anything? I mean, it's not real skin off my back, I'm just trying to give back to the community. Don't you want users like me? Just a 'Sorry you cannot' seems a little sad.

dBpoweramp Guru

@mikerane Don't take it personally. Limits are set for reasons that have nothing to do with wanting, or not wanting, users.

I assume you either don't have the Schedule submission reminder every [x] days box ticked in the AccurateRip submission dialog; or you do, but ignored the reminders. Either way, all your information would be in the AR database if you had submitted it on a regular basis during your ripping.

It was set to the 30 day default. First time that it ever popped up.