title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper won't rip

Unhappy CD Ripper won't rip

I have used CD Ripper for months with no problem. Shut down computer to evacuate from Hurricane Irma. I've now returned, turned on computer, put in same rip settings as before and nothing will rip. Tried several CDs and I get the same error message on every track:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music\Carol Thompson\The Enchanted Isles\01 Carol Thompson - Women of Ireland - O'Reada.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music\Carol Thompson\The Enchanted Isles\01 Carol Thompson - Women of Ireland - O'Reada._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

HELP!!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper won't rip

Try to open or create the folder '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music\Carol Thompson\The Enchanted Isles' and to create a file in that folder by hand. Looks like an access or permission problem.

Dat Ei

Unhappy Re: CD Ripper won't rip

[QUOTE=Dat Ei;177470]Try to open or create the folder '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music\Carol Thompson\The Enchanted Isles' and to create a file in that folder by hand. Looks like an access or permission problem.

Tried it, didn't work

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey SgtGator,

Quote Originally Posted by SgtGator View Post
    Tried it, didn't work
    what did not work? Has your Network storage still the same IP as before?

Try the following steps in that order:

1.) Try to open '\\10.0.0.78'.
    2.) Try to open '\\10.0.0.78\Public'.
    3.) Try to open '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music'.
    4.) Try to create a folder in the Folder '\\10.0.0.78\Public\Shared Music'.

What steps can be successfully executed?

Another possibilty is to deactivate temporary files in the config of dBpa.

Dat Ei

Administrator

You are ripping to a network location that does not exist, try to locate your location using Windows File explorer.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Apparently when I shut down the system for hurricane evacuation and then restarted it, the network renamed the drive! Everything is now working as it should

Keeping this in same thread. I've used app to rip 100s of CDs, just upgraded to 16 and now receiving error note below. All login credentials in place; confirmed that Explorer allows me to add new folder and Sonos can read all music in this folder. Ideas?

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\LENOVO-SERVER\Music\Music FLAC\Garland Jeffreys\14 Steps to Harlem\01 Garland Jeffreys - When You Call My Name.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\LENOVO-SERVER\Music\Music FLAC\Garland Jeffreys\14 Steps to Harlem\01 Garland Jeffreys - When You Call My Name._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

looks like it is having trouble accessing the NAS or whatever \\LENOVO-SERVER is. Can you access files on that server from your windows or Mac computer outside of dbpa? Probably a password or access setting.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    looks like it is having trouble accessing the NAS or whatever \\LENOVO-SERVER is. Can you access files on that server from your windows or Mac computer outside of dbpa? Probably a password or access setting.
    To confirm it is a network issue, try ripping to a local hard drive? Also, try running CDRipper as administrator.

dBpoweramp Guru

You can try to disable the writing of the temporary files ("._").

Dat Ei

Thanks you for your replies. The server is my 3 year old ThinkServer running 2012 Server Essentials, multiple family users. Before I posted, I checked permissions on the server, validated by creating new folder with the Music folder and wrote files to that folder from the desktop that I run DB ripper.

Hmmmmmm. - I can't explain the 'why' but I removed all permissions to the Music folder; and the added the same permissions back. DB ripper now able to write to Music folder on the server. Problem solved, but . . . no rational for why that fixed the issue.

Thanks Everyone!

Guys, just upgraded to 16.3 from 13.5. Cd Ripper will not rip my cd's. I've tried 5 different cd's to no avail. It says it does but when you look at the folder, it doesn't have file extension and nothing recognizes the file. I've tried everything, reinstalled several times. Nothing. Won't rip in mp3 or Flac. I'm running Win 10 64. I uninstalled 16.3 and reinstalled 13.5 and everything works like it used to. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated for I love this program and have used it for hundreds of cd's.
    Thanks,
    John

Administrator

CD Ripper >> CD Ripper Options set 'When Ripping' to 'Rip direct to final filenames'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    CD Ripper >> CD Ripper Options set 'When Ripping' to 'Rip direct to final filenames'
    Spoon, that helped the file association. It looks like it rips, the "music" is there but 0 bytes. I'm lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Papajohn60 View Post
    Spoon, that helped the file association. It looks like it rips, the "music" is there but 0 bytes. I'm lost!
    Spoon here's an update. It rips everything fine except Flac. It won't convert either. I would venture to say I have a bad codec.