title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset W10 Sound Bursts

Unhappy Asset W10 Sound Bursts

1 - Asset Premium Registered configured as Service on W7 PC captures DAB receiver cricket commentary via ClimaxDigital Audio Capture ACAP100 to Naim network streamer perfectly - Brilliant.
    2 - Upgrade to W10 - WASAPI sources disappeared - Disaster
    3 - Discovered Asset R6 by accident. Upgraded Asset to R6 configured as service. W10 WASAPI sound sources reappear but when selected the sound is heard as high speed sound bursts separated by silence. Ratio approx 1 burst to 4 silence.
    4 - Asset configuration advanced settings unhelpful.
    5 - Anyone got any ideas about what's wrong and how to fix it

Administrator

Re: Asset W10 Sound Bursts

Try running not as a service.

Running as Local Account seems to disable the WASAPI sound sources as they cannot be selected and results in silence.
    Only other Asset option is disable which I haven't tried.

Administrator

It lists the sources? when running local account?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It lists the sources? when running local account?
    I must have had some finger trouble last time - or more probably impatience - Sorree!

Yes, local account lists (2) sources (Headphones and Headphones/Speaker) as does service.
    Local account permits selection of source and results in sound bursts identical to service.

I don't know if the following is relevant. I don't use asset to stream music from the PC on which it resides. Consequently I have never used local account and have not used asset configuration to supervise the PC music source.

Administrator

Try updating your sound card drivers.

Updated drivers - Headphone source has disappeared but Speakers/Headphone source available and selectable - audio result unchanged.
    i.e. - PC audio plays USB captured source properly, Naim ND5XS network streamer plays sound as bursts.

Administrator

Your pc to naim connection is all wired network?

Yes, both connections are wired. The PC and the ND5SX are 2 of 14 devices wire-connected to a 25-port 1Gb wired network. Both are connected to the same Netgear GS116 switch. Network configuration is unchanged from previously successful W7/R5 arrangement. (Incidentally both sound sources now available - more finger trouble !)