title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output, multi-value tags are not consistent

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output, multi-value tags are not consistent

In uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe, t_artist is output with the semi-colon character as the separator, if it contains multi-values. However, t_artist iID is output with the linefeed and/or carriage return character as the separator, if it contains multi-values.

Please can this behaviour be changed so that all multi-value tags are output consistently, i.e with semi-colons. Currently, this makes importing into spreadsheets etc. a real pain.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output, multi-value tags are not consistent

>t_artist is output with the semi-colon character as the separator, if it contains multi-values
    >t_artist iID is output with the linefeed and/or carriage return character as the separator, if it contains multi-values.

These two read the same to me, what is the difference?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      >t_artist is output with the semi-colon character as the separator, if it contains multi-values
      >t_artist iID is output with the linefeed and/or carriage return character as the separator, if it contains multi-values.

These two read the same to me, what is the difference?
      (examples copied and pasted directly from uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.txt)

t_artist:
      Cluster and Eno [1928]; Cluster [1921]; Brian Eno [300]

so, t_artist is separated with semi-colon and space [; ]

However, t_artist iID is separated by an unknown character. Excel (and this forum editor, when I paste here) treat the unknown separator character as a linefeed and/or carriage return character.

t_artist iID:
      1929 Cluster and Eno
      Cluster
      Brian Eno

I would like t_artist iID to have the same [; ] separator in the output text file, so:
      1929 Cluster and Eno
      Cluster
      Brian Eno

becomes:
      1929 Cluster and Eno; Cluster; Brian Eno

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

More info.

The output text file tables, affected by the issue described are:
        t_artist iID
        t_album iID
        t_conductor iID

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Strange, t_artist iID should only have a single artist. I am not sure how you have multi artists in there.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Strange, t_artist iID should only have a single artist. I am not sure how you have multi artists in there.
            The issue is the same for all t_artist iID, where t_artist is a multi-value tag.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try a rescan all, what format are your audio tracks?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Try a rescan all, what format are your audio tracks?
                Rescan All makes no difference. Audio library is flac and mp3 (ID3v2.3).

... I removed the mp3's from Asset, so I only have flacs and the issue still exists.
                Last edited by mville; 09-11-2017, 02:17 PM. Reason: changed Asset to flac only

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
                  More info.

The output text file tables, affected by the issue described are:
                  t_artist iID
                  t_album iID
                  t_conductor iID
                  t_conductor iID is now not an issue, as I had a handful of tracks with 2 conductors, however it seems dBpoweramp and Asset do not support multi-value conductor tags for the flac file format.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

This is correct, conductor is a singular item. All the tagging standards specify conductor as a singular item.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

This is correct, conductor is a singular item. All the tagging standards specify conductor as a singular item.
                      Yes, I believe I confirmed that in post no. 9.

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

I notice that the new Asset R6.1 has not fixed the issue with the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output and the t_artist iID and t_album iID tables.

Is this something that will be fixed in the future?

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
                          I notice that the new Asset R6.1 has not fixed the issue with the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output and the t_artist iID and t_album iID tables.

Is this something that will be fixed in the future?
                          In addition to the bug reported here in Asset R6.1 beta for Mac/Linux:
                          Asset R6.1 beta for Mac/Linux

I thought I would add the following screenshot of the t_artist table in Asset R6.1 for windows, which shows a problem for storedvalue and sortvalue in Row 4 and, explains why I was having a problem with the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe output:

Last edited by mville; 04-16-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>