title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Current/latest debian version

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rad1oslave
    • Sep 2017

Current/latest debian version

I've installed the latest package which is listed as 5.1.1 however, when I open the web GUI, it's telling me R4.4. So, which is correct?

While at it, the Debian version seems to be having some grief streaming FLAC 'as MP3' to remote devices. The FLAC is successfully decoded into MP3 and a cast URL is provided to the remote device (checked uPNP logs), but playback does not commence (see below image):

Have tested multiple iOS devices using foobar2000. Proceeded to copy/pasta the http cast URL into Safari, plays straight away... strangely!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rad1oslave; 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Current/latest debian version

Thanks for your feedback.

It is most strange that you get R4.4, this is an old version that should not be in circulation anymore. We're investigating how this is possible in the first place.

You can verify what version you've downloaded by opening the tarball and examining the contents of bin/Versions/AssetUPnP.txt

I've just checked downloads in https://dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm - they are 5.1.1. If you've used an older registered version before, a trial version should pick the registration info from it and act as registered.

As for MP3 streaming issues, it could have been some bug in R4.4 that causes it - I recall MP3 encoding issues occurring back in old R4.x series, let's sort out the reported version number first.
    Last edited by PeterP; 09-06-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• rad1oslave
      • Sep 2017

Re: Current/latest debian version

Thanks for your help PeterP!

.... Containers.. SHM!

the container I was running through had an old image (R4.4). Rebuilt and we have R5.1.1/latest - thank you very much sir!

Comment

Working...

]]>