title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

LITE-ON HAS124 drive data, C3 and cache

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpsig
    • Dec 2016

LITE-ON HAS124 drive data, C3 and cache

Hi all,

I have a specific question concerning the users of the LITE-ON iHAS124 drive which might have been occluded by my (big apologies) too long a post here:

Hi all, I have read all related posts to people which tried a similar setup. First to give you an impression what it is about, I am currently setting up a system for (finally the goal) batch ripping of my CDs (roughly 800-1000). Goal: Make "as sure as possible" to have a bit-correct and safe rip of the originals

I want to setup my drive (actually 10 of those) according to the how-to here:

Unfortunately I am stuck at the last steps (potentially to my virtualization try) and would ask the users with the similar drive here if they could provide the necessary information to help me finding out if my overall goal is potentially doomed or to make it fly. This is where i am at the moment:

1. I could manage to successfully configure AccurateRip for the 10 identical drives with the following CDs from my collection:

- Phil Collins, Face Value
    - Heaven 17, The Luxury Gap
    - Annie Lennox, Diva

2. The offset was detected as +6 samples, +24 bytes. Can anyone confirm this for the iHAS 124?

3. The cache detection returned and reported "no cache". Again, can anyone confirm this?

4. Detecting C2 errors with the black triangle does not work. Detection never returns and sometimes dbPA crashes and the current user is automatically logged out of windows. This is a real problem now. Is there a benefit to use a scratched CD instead of the black triangle as suggested in the cd-ripper-setup-guide (see above)?

many thanks for any help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: LITE-ON HAS124 drive data, C3 and cache

>Detection never returns and sometimes dbPA crashes and the current user is automatically logged out of windows

There is a fundamental problem here, a dbp crash should not log the user out, it suggests there are other issues, perhaps to do with the low level virtualization pass through.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>