title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping multi-CD set: how to set Album Art to import from a file PATH

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAbboushi
    • Aug 2009

Ripping multi-CD set: how to set Album Art to import from a file PATH

Each CD is ripped to a separate folder and created automatically by CD Ripper using Programmable actions on elements. The only way I could figure out how to embed Album Art automatically is to create each folder manually and copy the album art to Folder.jpg in each folder so that ID Tag Processing will import the Folder.jpg file for each track.

Instead, I've been clicking on "Add album art" and navigating to the jpg file before I rip each CD in the multi-CD set.

But would prefer if there was a way to specify the path to the file once with ID Tag Processing so it would automatically copy the .jpg file into each CD folder and embed in each track.

Please advise--
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

Re: Ripping multi-CD set: how to set Album Art to import from a file PATH

Originally posted by SAbboushi
    Each CD is ripped to a separate folder and created automatically by CD Ripper using Programmable actions on elements. The only way I could figure out how to embed Album Art automatically is to create each folder manually and copy the album art to Folder.jpg in each folder so that ID Tag Processing will import the Folder.jpg file for each track.

Instead, I've been clicking on "Add album art" and navigating to the jpg file before I rip each CD in the multi-CD set.

But would prefer if there was a way to specify the path to the file once with ID Tag Processing so it would automatically copy the .jpg file into each CD folder and embed in each track.

Please advise--
    Hi SAbboushi,

Am I right in thinking you want to set up CD ripper, to give a Folder.jpg AND embed art in each track? Or, the more normal, Folder.jpg, only?

Either way, in CD Ripper options, Tags & Filenames, Meta Data & ID Tag (options), Album Art, click on Write to output folder - Folder.jpg.

If you don't want embedded art, in each track, go to, Write ID tags, and uncheck, Album Art.

Comment

• SAbboushi
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Oggy
      Either way, in CD Ripper options, Tags & Filenames, Meta Data & ID Tag (options), Album Art, click on Write to output folder - Folder.jpg.
      Thanks - this is already set and works fine. My problem is I don't want to have to specify the location of the album art for each CD in a e.g. 15 multi-CD set. I want the art hard-coded for all CDs in the set.

i.e. I don't want to have to click on "Add album art" and navigating to the jpg file before I rip each CD in the multi-CD set.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Insert CD 1 (of 15). Manually add the art using the Album Art Menu. Select Copy to Clipboard in the Album Art Menu and rip CD 1.

Then, you can select Paste From Clipboard in the Album Art Menu for all subsequent CDs (2 to 15).

Comment

Working...

]]>