title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Alphabetic Grouping of Album Artist [A-F] [G-L] etc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxpower
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2015

Alphabetic Grouping of Album Artist [A-F] [G-L] etc

Hi - I am fairly sure I have seen this solution posted in the forum but for the life of me I cannot find it.

I would like to use dynamic naming feature of the ripper / arrange-audio to group by Album Artist as follows.

For Example: when ripping / arranging-audio;
    - Album Artists with first letter A to F get put into destination folder [A-F]
    - Album Artists with first letter G to L get put into destination folder [G-L] and so on

Very handy for portable devices / car where scrolling through LONG lists is a pain.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Alphabetic Grouping of Album Artist [A-F] [G-L] etc

Currently this is not possible.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Maxpower
      Hi - I am fairly sure I have seen this solution posted in the forum but for the life of me I cannot find it.

I would like to use dynamic naming feature of the ripper / arrange-audio to group by Album Artist as follows.

For Example: when ripping / arranging-audio;
      - Album Artists with first letter A to F get put into destination folder [A-F]
      - Album Artists with first letter G to L get put into destination folder [G-L] and so on

Very handy for portable devices / car where scrolling through LONG lists is a pain.

Thanks.
      A couple of questions regarding tags, filenames and directory structures. First off, when creating directory structures I want to create them without a leading "The" nor do I want to append it as a ", The". I simply want the name (minus "The") used. IE, I want "Beatles" not "The

This thread may go some way towards, giving you what you want.

Comment

• Maxpower
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2015

Thank you both. Oggy - I'll use the thread you suggested to get started.

Comment

Working...

]]>