title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Issue with multi encoder on imac R.16.1

Issue with multi encoder on imac R.16.1

Hello I am running into a weird issue that I hope is just a setting change in my version of 16.1 on the iMAC.
    I am burning a CD to multiple locations. I create a Apple Lossless, FLAC, Apple AAC, and another Apple Lossless versions.
    They all rip as expected except for the APPLE AAC. I actually had a second encoder for APPLE AAC and because of this issue, I removed it. It worked for the first rip after that, but the next disc it failed.
    The issue is the files are being deleted as they are ripped. I am getting errors stating "Error converting to Apple AAC....Unable to tag file.."
    I see the file being burned then disappeared. The txt and folder files are created and stay.

This happens when use multi-encoder and also when I select just the AAC codec; single rip.
    Is this a bug, or do I need to re-configure my settings?
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by voltarip; 09-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Super Moderator

Re: Issue with multi encoder on imac R.16.1

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your troubles.

It sounds like Apple AAC codec present on your system is not creating files that we recognize. I recommend that you try m4a FDK (AAC) instead - it doesn't rely on system codecs and should work just fine.

I'd like to get a snapshot of your dBpoweramp configuration analysis - in order to create it, go to dBpoweramp configuration ('configuration' button in the launcher dialog), Converter tab, 'Save configuration snapshot' button at the bottom of the page; email the file it creates to peter@dbpoweramp.com .

PS.
    The term 'burning' refers to recording content on optical discs, not to reading content from them ('ripping').