title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Administrator

Re: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Use CD Ripper, not batch ripper to get the drive offset configured, you do not need to rip the cd, only insert it so it is read, keep trying cds.

Re: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Have a look at this list: AccurateRip Key Discs. Hopefully you can feed it one of these and it will configure.
    Thanks for the link. I've been using a stack of CDs. After comparing my test stack with the table on that page, I can see many of my discs are already on that key list. It runs through the stack, asking me on each CD if I want to configure AccurateRip. After I press Configure, it displays the error pop up. Among all of the discs I'm using, at least one of them should have worked.

Here are the discs in the stack of CDs I’ve been using to test:
    Supertramp – Crime of the Century
    No Doubt – Tragic Kingdom
    Coldplay – A Rush OF Blood To The Head
    Coldplay – Ghost Stories
    Bob Marley & The Wailers – Legend
    Earth Wind & Fire – Greatest Hits
    Barry Manilow – Ultimate Manilow
    Shania Twain – Come On Over
    Seal – Seal
    Madona – Ray of Light
    Lionel Ritchie - 20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection
    Stevie Wonder - 20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection
    The Commodores - 20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection
    Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas Symphony II
    Dire Straits – Money For Nothing
    Dire Straits – On Every Street
    Alice Coltrane – Priceless Jazz
    More Ella Fitzgerald – Priceless Jazz Compilation
    Counting Crows – Recovering The Satellites
    Aerosmith – Big Ones
    Backstreet Boys – For The Fans
    Oasis – Be Here Now
    Bee Gees – The Ultimate Bee Gees
    Abba – Gold: Greatest Hits
    Trans Siberian Orchestra – The Christmas Attic
    Chicago – The Chicago Story: Complete Greatest Hits
    Yes – Fragile
    Yes – 90125
    Toto – Hydra
    Loreena McKinnett – The Mask And Mirror
    Rush – 2112
    Rod Stewart – Greatest Hits
    Joe Satriani – The Extremist
    Moody Blues - Long Distance Voyager
    The Cars – Greatest Hits
    The B52’s – Cosmic Thing
    Don Henley – The End Of The Innocence
    Eagles – Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975
    Eagles – Hell Freezes Over
    Steely Dan – Aja
    Jethro Tull – Songs From The Wood
    Pink Floyd – Dark Side Of The Moon
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Brain Salad Surgery
    The Beatles – 1 (2015 version)
    The Who – Who’s Better, Who’s Best
    Kansas – Point Of Know Return
    Styx – The Grand Illusion
    Tracy Chapman – New Beginning
    Enya – The Memory Of Trees
    Ed Sheeran – X
    Twenty-One Pilots – Twenty-One Pilots

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Have a look at this list: AccurateRip Key Discs. Hopefully you can feed it one of these and it will configure.
    I typed a reply, but it never posted. That has happened to me twice before. Strange...

Anyway, most of the discs I'm using in my test "batch" are on that list. Still, every single one asks me if I want to configure AccurateRip. When I click Configure, I get that error pop up I listed before. By the time it asks me if I want to configure AccurateRip, the program has already correctly identified the disc, retrieved the meta data, and displayed the meta data asking me to confirm it. Only after doing those things, does it ask me if I want to configure AccurateRip. So, it knows which disc is in the drive. Despite it correctly identifying the disc, and pulling the correct meta data off the Internet, and the disc having been verified to be on their key disc list, AccuratewRip still pops up the error. As I said, the disc is definitely on their list, so the error message seems to be indicating that the drive isn't in their drive offset database. So, I checked their drive list at http://http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm and the drive is definitely on their list - "PIONEER - BD-RW BDR-209M." The only thing I can think of now is that an unforeseen error is occuring and that message is the default message they display on all unknown errors.

I used CD Ripper to run through a couple dozen of my test discs, which are all listed in AccurateRip's database. Every disc gave the same error as they give in Batch Ripper. Zero difference.

Administrator

To configure accuraterip you would need a CD which does not have a 2nd pressing in the database, more recent releases are likely to fulfil this.

SOLVED!:
    -------------------------------------
    After a couple of additional weeks of working on this problem with the awesome guys over at Acronis, they figured out (credit where credit is due) that the DLLs which were being installed in the dbPoweramp Nimbie configuration folders are an old version of the files which have not beein updated to match the latest version of dbPoweramp. They kindly sent me the correct DLLs, which should have been installed. I simply copied each replacement DLL to the appropriate C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\Loaders\Nimbie\load, pre-batch, unload, and reject folders. That's all it took. Everything started working correctly as soon as I put the current DLLs in those folders. After replacing those DLLs, the very first disc I put into the Nimbie was able to correctly configure AccurateRip. As it turns out, configuring AccurateRip isn't the gargantuanly obtuse, mysterious black magic process it seemed to be during my few months of trying to get it to work. When the right DLLs are installed, AccurateRip has no trouble configuring your drive at all. Since updating the DLLs, I have run about 800 CDs through the Nimbie and only a very few discs (which were visibly damaged) were rejected. Probably 99% of my CDs ripped perfectly with full, high-confidence AccurateRip verification. Thanks to Acronis for helping me solve this issue. I'm pretty happy with the software and hardware combination now. I just wanted to pop on here to post the solution in order to help anyone else who is having trouble getting AccurateRip and dbPoweramp to work with a Nimbie NB21-BR USB 3.0 autoloader. If you have installed the Nimbie configuration files downloaded from the dbPoweramp web site, you may need to update the DLLs in that package so they match the current version of dbPoweramp. Acronis has the correct DLLs, if you need them, but hopefully the install package on the Illustrate/dbPoweramp site will be updated soon to fix this issue.

Oh, one more thing. If your Nimbie is having trouble reading some of your discs which otherwise look fine, try plugging the Nimbie into a USB 2 port instead of USB 3. Doing that helps the rip success rate to stabilize at a higher level. For ripping CDs, the reduced connection speed of USB 2 has no noticeable impact on rip speed (for me at least) and gives much more consistent rip results. You can still use the USB 3 cable which ships with the Nimbie. Just plug it into a USB 2 port on your computer. It is fully backwards compatible.
    ----------------------------------
    -Bill (BillDem3D)

dBpoweramp Guru

Excellent outcome!