title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Somehow, I don't think the offsets stored in AccurateRip match up with the drive in my Nimbie autoloader. It rejects literally every disc I insert. How can I force AccurateRip to retest the offsets?

Administrator

Re: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Drive offsets would not cause the batch ripper to reject any discs. What is the reason given for the reject?

Re: How can I force AccurateRip to retest key discs and set new offset information?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Drive offsets would not cause the batch ripper to reject any discs. What is the reason given for the reject?
    The majority of the reject messages list the error as "no cd after load," which is obviously false. The rest of the rejects say, "ripping error" after about 60 seconds of trying. When using either Batch Ripper or CD Ripper from dbPoweramp, every disc I attempt to rip gets rejected, returning one of those two error messages.

I tested hundreds of different discs during the first two frustrating weeks, in order to get a statistically significant sample size showing a 100% reject rate with zero outliers. Then, while searching online for a possible solution, I saw a list of designated key discs for AccurateRip, so I picked 4 discs from my collection which were on that list. I have been using those four discs exclusively to test for the past couple weeks.

Special Notes:
    Keep in mind that I can play the recordings on these audio CDs directly using the same Nimbie drive with zero audible glitches/stutters/artifacts in the music. I can also rip the CDs using the Nimbie as long as I use other software than dbPoweramp. The dbPoweramp applications are the only ones which won't rip these discs. Every program I've tried with the Nimbie reports that it successfully ripped these test discs with zero errors. Unfortunately, the other programs don't support AccurateRip, so I cannot actually verify whether truly "zero error" files are being produced by those rippers. The resulting FLAC files definitely sound good, but whether the rips are actually bit-perfect is unknown. Lastly, I get exactly the same errors using two different Nimbie machines. Acronova sent me a second machine to test in order to help me solve this issue. Because some valuable information is lost after the music CD has been ripped, I really want AccurateRip running during the rip stage. I don't want to rip with a different program, then run AccurateRip on the resulting FLAC file structure later. I just want to be able to use the dbPoweramp reference software I purchased.

Oops! I forgot the third error message I've been getting. "Not Audio CD." That's also false because I only buy plain audio CDs. No apps. No PC-only special features. Just music CDs.

Administrator

Which security software are you using?

Have you only got 1 cd drive? or 2 drives? (one the nimbie and built in drive)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which security software are you using?

Have you only got 1 cd drive? or 2 drives? (one the nimbie and built in drive)
    I'm using Microsoft's "Windows Defender." At one point during trouble shooting, I disabled the security software for a few attempts. It didn't make a difference. The batch ripper definitely has access to the Internet because it can load the meta data for each disc, even with Defender active. It just can't rip the music.

I have both a DVD writer and a Blu-ray writer installed internally on my desktop machine. Both can read and rip music without any trouble. So, including the external Nimbie, I normally have had a total of 3 optical drives connected during my testing. The Nimbie has a Pioneer BDR-209M Blu-ray writer inside it. The Nimbie is attached to a USB 3.0 port. It's Acronova's latest USB 3.0 version of the device. (I wonder if everyone who is having trouble with their Nimbie is using the same new USB 3 version.) I've tried using a USB 2 cable connected to a USB 2 port on the Nimbie and it didn't make any difference. Yesterday, I plugged in the second Nimbie on loan from Acronova.. So, I have a total of four optical drives connected at this particular moment, but my weeks of testing has been done with only 3. Both Nimbies show up perfectly in Windows. Both can rip when using other software. Both reject every disc when using dbPoweramp Batch Ripper. Both are recognized and configured by "Batch Ripper - Configuration" as "Nimbie." Both are able to run at the same time. Neither is able to successfully rip a disc.