title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

  1. #1
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Question Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Hi folks,

    I have finally decided to eliminate the self-created 'Comments' tag I have been using to provide the 'Digitally Remastered' YEAR. After much consideration, the process of locating accurate and consistent information relating to this data has proven to be both exhausting and time consuming.

    And so, rather than me have to individually work my way through all 50+ CD's I have ripped to date, is it possible, please, to use some kind of batch-processing tool so as to remove them all in one fail swoop?

    (I own PerfectTUNES and dBpa.)

    Many thanks,

    Paul

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi folks,

    I have finally decided to eliminate the self-created 'Comments' tag I have been using to provide the 'Digitally Remastered' YEAR. After much consideration, the process of locating accurate and consistent information relating to this data has proven to be both exhausting and time consuming.

    And so, rather than me have to individually work my way through all 50+ CD's I have ripped to date, is it possible, please, to use some kind of batch-processing tool so as to remove them all in one fail swoop?

    (I own PerfectTUNES and dBpa.)

    Many thanks,

    Paul
    1. Go to parent directory of all your music files you have ripped with dbpa. (e.g., C:\flac). Right click, then in popup menu select "dbpoweramp Batch Convert"
    2. Upper left, CONVERT to utility codec "ID TAG UPDATE"
    3. click on deletions tab
    4. select "single tag"
    5. where it says "type or select tag element" use dropdown list or type COMMENT.
    6. Bottom right of this box, select "Convert"

    This will remove the tag COMMENT from all your files.

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    [...] use some kind of batch-processing tool so as to remove them all in one fail swoop?
    "One fail swoop" sound dangerous! I hope you meant "one fell swoop."

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    "One fail swoop" sound dangerous! I hope you meant "one fell swoop."
    JH, lol. That was predictive text going by unnoticed on my mobile phone. Cheers.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Question Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    1. Go to parent directory of all your music files you have ripped with dbpa. (e.g., C:\flac). Right click, then in popup menu select "dbpoweramp Batch Convert"
    2. Upper left, CONVERT to utility codec "ID TAG UPDATE"
    3. click on deletions tab
    4. select "single tag"
    5. where it says "type or select tag element" use dropdown list or type COMMENT.
    6. Bottom right of this box, select "Convert"
    Hi Gary.

    Thanks a lot mate.

    I have just purchased a second license of PerfTUNES and dBpa for my home PC.

    Do you just mean a regular right-click of the parent folder? Or doing so whilst dBpa is open, please?

    I was not able to see the:"dbpoweramp Batch Convert" you kindly mention:

    convert.png

    Much appreciated,

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-30-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: screenshot

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    dbpoweramp batch converter is one of the program that comes with illustrates dbpoweramp (along with CD ripper). Find it in the illustrate/dbpoweramp folder in your programs using windows explorer (called DMCfileselector). Once you find it, start it (double click on it) and once it comes up you can navigate to the top folder of your music files in the left side box, and tick on that folder that to select. then follow the rest of the instructions I gave you. See pic. (p.s. experiment on maybe one album first just to test things rather than selecting ALL your albums).
    Capture.jpg

    EDIT: and if you don't have the utility codec "ID TAG UPDATE" available to choose, you can install it from codec central here under utility codecs:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm


    p.s. I never see your pictures. They are always pending for a few days (because you seem to post too many for the forum and it limits their availability to others temporarily). By the time they are available, I've moved on to other things so they never actually help me answer your questions. I suspect you post too many pictures. You should stop and consider whether a picture is specifically necessary when posting vs always posting lots of pictures.
    Last edited by garym; 08-30-2017 at 06:17 PM.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    dbpoweramp batch converter is one of the program that comes with illustrates dbpoweramp (along with CD ripper). Find it in the illustrate/dbpoweramp folder in your programs using windows explorer (called DMCfileselector). Once you find it, start it (double click on it) and once it comes up you can navigate to the top folder of your music files in the left side box, and tick on that folder that to select. then follow the rest of the instructions I gave you. See pic. (p.s. experiment on maybe one album first just to test things rather than selecting ALL your albums).
    Capture.jpg

    p.s. I never see your pictures. They are always pending for a few days (because you seem to post too many for the forum and it limits their availability to others temporarily). By the time they are available, I've moved on to other things so they never actually help me answer your questions. I suspect you post too many pictures. You should stop and consider whether a picture is specifically necessary when posting vs always posting lots of pictures.
    Hi Gary,

    I had a few tries but I think I will wait until tomorrow when your screenshot is available. I found the Batch-Processor fine but I don't want to risk messing anything up (despite me having back-up). I would rather see the screenshot and try and get it right first time.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-30-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    All the screenshot shows is the program (DMCfileselector) in windows explorer listing. If you've found the program, you're good to go. Pic won't help any beyond that.
    edit: In fact, I violated my own recommendation. There was really no need for my picture!
    Last edited by garym; 08-30-2017 at 06:44 PM.

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post

    p.s. I never see your pictures. They are always pending for a few days (because you seem to post too many for the forum and it limits their availability to others temporarily). By the time they are available, I've moved on to other things so they never actually help me answer your questions. I suspect you post too many pictures. You should stop and consider whether a picture is specifically necessary when posting vs always posting lots of pictures.
    Hi,

    The reason I have been uploading a lost of screenshots is also because I am hoping that any newbies who have just joined/purchase will find them helpful. For instance, they can look at the images and copy the settings accordingly - should they be in the same predicament. And to try and contribute/offer something in return for the help that I have been given.

    Paul

  10. #10
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    All the screenshot shows is the program (DMCfileselector) in windows explorer listing. If you've found the program, you're good to go. Pic won't help any beyond that.
    Gary,

    I just noticed you added a link. That's probably why I could not find the codec for toffee; because I did not have it installed!

    I will d/l it and the have another try in the morning ...

    Cheers.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-30-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

  11. #11
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    JH, lol. That was predictive text going by unnoticed on my mobile phone. Cheers.
    It's got to be tough when your phone predicts that you'll fail.

  12. #12
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    It's got to be tough when your phone predicts that you'll fail.
    I wish I could solely blame the phone. Its my eyesight which is the main culprit!

  13. #13
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Paul, I looked for the Batch Convert right-click option and couldn't find it. It turns out it wasn't enabled in the dBpa configuration. To see if it's enabled on your installation, open Configure dBpoweramp and click on the Advanced Settings button near the bottom of the window. You'll see this:

    Batch Convert right-click enable.jpg

    Tick the box, click OK, and go back to Gary's instructions.

  14. #14
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Paul, I looked for the Batch Convert right-click option and couldn't find it. It turns out it wasn't enabled in the dBpa configuration. To see if it's enabled on your installation, open Configure dBpoweramp and click on the Advanced Settings button near the bottom of the window.
    Nice one JH,

    Cheers for the screengrab. I will fire it up and have a go in the morning...

    Paul

  15. #15
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,659

    Question Re: Removing 'Comment' Tag In A Single Pass

    Hi JH,

    Am still waiting for your kind screenshot to be authorised.

    I do not see the option for TAG ID UPDATE (though it has been d/l and installed)? Here is Advanced Settings window you mention:

    ID_Edit.png

    And screenshots of Batch-Processor:

    batch1.png

    batch2.png

    batch3.png

    Many thanks,

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-31-2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: screenshot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •