title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dsf tag editing in PerfecTUNES

Question dsf tag editing in PerfecTUNES

With dBpoweramp installed on my win 10 PC I am able to edit tags and images of individual .dsf files. However, 'Album Art' and 'ID Tags' do not recognize files in folders that contain .dsf files. Would be nice to be able to do the retagging in batch mode. Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: dsf tag editing in PerfecTUNES

Sorry I do not understand the question, please rephrase.

Hi Spoon,
    Thanks for responding. I use PerfecTUNES 'Album Art" and 'ID Tages' to edit the meta-data of my music files which are mostly hi-res wav or flac files. Recently I've begun ripping my SACD collection to dsf files. When editing wav or flac files, ID Tags has no trouble finding those files in an album folder. However, when I select an album folder that contains dsf files, no files are found. But, if I individually select a dsf file and do a right-click property listing and select the ID-Tags tab, I can easily edit the meta data and add, delete or replace the art work courtesy of the dBpoweramp features added to Windows Explorer. So, my question is: why can't I do all the files in a particular folder at once in the PerfecTUNES ID Tags editor? Hope this is a bit clearer.

Administrator

Reinstall the SACD decoder, if offered to uninstall the old version do not choose yes, so it stays in dBpoweramp, and choose the install folder as the C:\Program Files\PerfectTUNES folder.

Alright so I am trying to edit tags for DSD256 files. Edit Id Tag, Properties dont see any tags and PerfectTunes ID tags doesnt see the album. Foobar does however detect ID tags for the files. I have installed "dBpoweramp DSD Decoder Release 3". I also tried to install it into the PerfectTunes folder but it always sets a subdirectory of dbpoweramp so the couldnt put it in the root directory of PerfectTunes. I installed in to a completely different folder then manually copied the files over but still no tags are seen. I also try to add tags but they disappear and are not there when I go to edit the tags on those files again.

Administrator

You can copy the sacd.dll from the decoder folder in dbpoweramp to the decoder folder in perfecttunes folder.