title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter unable to convert .aac to Mp3 codec help please

Cool Music Converter unable to convert .aac to Mp3 codec help please

Hi guys.
    Thanks for reading this post. I have the DB poweramp version 16.2. I'm unable to convert .aac files to mp3's.

Error message is, " Error converting to mp3 (Lame), .aac' to.mp3'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.aac', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

I went to the codec central page and downloaded the m4a FDK, (AAC) Encoder. Ran as administrator, and am still unable to convert files into mp3's. My guess is I haven't done something right? Do I need to alter the directory in some way? What process do I need to follow to allow the music converter to successfully transfer .aac's into mp3's.

Thanks. I'm a bit of a noob with these types of things. Any advice would be appreciated

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Music Converter unable to convert .aac to Mp3 codec help please

Do you use the 32bit or 64bit version of dBpa? Did you install the 32bit or 64bit version of the decoder?

Dat Ei

16.2, 64bit.. I believe i installed the 64 bit version but I could be wrong?

Administrator

I think .aac is installed as default with R16 for Windows.

If it is not working check your security software is not blocking that dll from loading.

issue is, i'm using YouTube extraction software, a firefox extension, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...basic/?src=api, called YouTube Video and Audio downloader..
    its a great extension, that allows for raw M4A files to be extracted from YouTube. I used dbpoweramp to convert into mp3's.. however the latest extension update will not
    allow downloads from m4A anymore, but rather. aac. These files are somewhat corrupt, do not play in itunes or VLC, and I cannot convert them into mp3's with Dbpoweramp..
    i'm thinking the issue is with the browser extension and not with dbpoweramp.. either way, i'm not sure that dbpoweramp can convert. aac files into mp3s? am i wrong about this?

does anyone know of a very high quality youtube extraction software suite? most of the extension available online are very poor.. the InBasic one is easily the best...

thanks.