title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

AAC to MP3

I receive a message that M4P codec may be available at Codec Central when attempting to convert AAC files downloaded from iTunes.

I have installed all MP4/AAC as well as AIFF Codecs.

the Converter does not even 'see' the AAC files in its Explorer window.

I do not get the 'Convert to'option when right-clicking on AAC files, but I do for MP3 files.

How do I convert iTunes AAC files to usable MP3 Files?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AAC to MP3

The need installing to the same location as the music converter, look in dMC configuration for a list of installed codecs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm converting AAC to MP3. What settings should I use to have near CD quality mp3 files (or the closest to CD quality I can get? Not sure what to chose for Preset/Bitrate, TNS Encoding (enable/disable), Production (on/off) and Header.

Thanks, this is a great tool.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try the preset Standard.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I receive a message that M4P codec may be available at Codec Central when attempting to convert AAC files downloaded from iTunes.

I have installed all MP4/AAC as well as AIFF Codecs.

the Converter does not even 'see' the AAC files in its Explorer window.

I do not get the 'Convert to'option when right-clicking on AAC files, but I do for MP3 files.

How do I convert iTunes AAC files to usable MP3 Files?
          I am having the same exact difficulty. All of the codecs installed to the same folder "illustrate". Where's the location of the music converter? Can you be more specific? Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Same place, note that on the AAC download page there are encoders and decoders avaliable seperately.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
              Same place, note that on the AAC download page there are encoders and decoders avaliable seperately.
              Yes, and I downloaded all 7 (minus the Nero codec) decode and encode files and installed them to the same location in the Illustration folder, but no results.

I noticed that the codecs need to be in the multiplayer folder to appear in the file selection drop down box so I moved all of the codecs to this folder.

When I open the music converter, I can see .AAC is viewable in the file selection drop down box but it does not show the .aac files in the explorer window.

When I take the other route and right click the .aac file i do not receive "convert to" option, however, I do get it when I right click mp3 files.

Now, I'm at the point where I've moved everything around so much I forget where everything goes.

Should I just uninstall everything and start fresh?

All I want to do is get these aac files that I mistakenly downloaded from itunes store and play them on my mp3 player. Why didn't they say something about this incompatibility up front before I downloaded the songs? I would have saved myself a lot of grief.

Comment

• Unregistered

Is there ANY way to convert from the m4p format to mp3 nesides burning to a CD??? I'm having the same problem as many others: I can't figure out a way to play the m4p files on my (non-ipod) mp3 player...

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

First guy run dMC configuration, that will say which formats dMC thinks it can convert from.

2nd guy see dMC FAQ on this forum.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
                    First guy run dMC configuration, that will say which formats dMC thinks it can convert from.

2nd guy see dMC FAQ on this forum.
                    I have run the dMC configuration and dMC says it can read aac files but my install of the dMC software will not even acknowledge that the file is there.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Are you sure they are .aac, not mp4?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Ok, Spoon. Instead of answering the specific question being asked, how about try solving the underlying problem. Lots of people are most likely having this problem, but only one or two actually post it. How do you convert an iTunes ripped AAC track to MP3 using your software? I've loved it since I first got it, and that was long ago. I want to keep using it, but it has got to evolve as we do.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

I don't see the problem, iTunes writes .m4a files they can be read / converted with the aac / mp4 input codec from codec central.

For protected iTunes (m4p), I am sticking me neck out by providing links, but if you look in the FAQ on this forum there is a program that will do those.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

i am trying to convert iTunes aac files to mp3. i have tried downloading the aac codecs but when i try to convert aac files they do not show up in window's explorer. how can i covert protected aac files to mp3 files?

Comment

• Unregistered

I have the exact same problem aac file to mp3. I have the codecs installed. They show up in the drop down box. The converter does not see the aac file. Also right clicking will not give you the convert option. The file is not m4p, It is AAC Audio File (Protected). I don't understand why the converter doesn't see the aac file yet aac is located in the drop down box and the codec are installed and located in the multiplayer folder.

Comment

Working...

]]>