title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAC to MP3

Administrator

Re: AAC to MP3

What is the extension of the AAC protected file, it is not .aac?

Unregistered

You are right. It is not .aac In win 2000 it lists it as an aac file but if you do a dir in dos it shows up as .m4p I tried to convert the m4p to mp4 using the other program and followed the directions but only errors. I'll just burn a cd and convert to mp3 and see how much of a loss there is. Thanks anyway for your help and I do like your program.

Also when I sent the supposed aac file on my network to a win 98 box it showed up as an m4p. That should have been my clue. So to everyone with this problem the file extension is not .aac and thats why it won't show up.

Unregistered

I'm also having trouble getting my .aac's into mp3's.

My drop down has .aac listed but when I go to where my aac,I-tune, files are they don't appear in the box.

I read all the other replys but still can't figure out why I'm having so much trouble.

I'm running XP if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

Unregistered

Sorr for the double post but I can't get the program to find my .wma's either.

Could you tell me if I need any extra downloads to change my wma's into mp3's?

I'm pretty much a newbie at the converting thing.

Thank you again.

Unregistered

Question Re: AAC to MP3

Hi all. I've been having trouble converting .m4p to mp3 or wma, so I can play my iTunes on Windows Media Player. I downloaded the codecs, but which one is the best one? Is there an easier way?

Administrator

See FAQ in this forum (for dMC).

Angry Re: AAC to MP3

From what I have been able to find, so far, MP4 and M4P files are not the same. That is why installing the codecs for MP4 does not show the M4P files. The only program that I have came across that can convert M4P files is Toast, by Roxio. It only converts the files to AIF. From there they have to be converted again to whichever one you are trying to use. Assuming you have a program that will convert from AIF to whatever you need. To get the version of Toast that does this, you need to get Toast w/Jam. It is $169.99 (US), for a download version. So far it looks like iTunes has won the battle of being able to make a back up copy, even after purchasing the song. I tried today, April 7, 2004, to make a audio cd of the songs and iTunes will let me copy less than half, of what I have. When I try to do the rest, an error message comes up and says these files cannot be copied to disk.

Administrator

Raindog

OK everyone read the FAQ carefully. I was really frustrated with trying to convert stupid m4p (AAC) files to mp3 until I read Spoon's link.

There's a program called m4p2mp4 that Spoon has referenced. Go download it. Since you purchased your iTunes music legally, you have the playback key for all your m4p songs (right?) and this utility will convert them to mp4. From there DBPowerAmp will convert from mp4 to mp3 if you have the mp4 codecs.

It works. Haven't moved on to mass conversion yet but worst case scenario I'll just write a batch file since m4p2mp4 runs command-line anyway.

* dawg

dBpoweramp Guru

file selector add on should take care of your mass conversion? http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm*FileSelector

Administrator

Not for that program, it has nothing to do with dMC.

NoUseForAName

Question Re: AAC to MP3

i seem to have a different problem...every time i try to convert .aac files to mp3, it says I need to dl the aac codec; so i did and installed it, but it still says i dont have it installed. ive done a fresh install of dMC, but still have the same problem.. whats the deal? thanks for any help
    also, I cant see any aac extentions in the dMC 'open' menu.

Administrator

Make sure the codec is installed to the same location as the Music Converter, then look in dMC Configuration - it lists all codecs installed.

Unregistered

Re: m4p to mp4

i have tried doing both opitions in the FAQ and they do not work. I am running XP and still cannot convert m4p iTunes files to mp4 or mp3. What should I do?