title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter wav. to (flac)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaywalker
    • May 2016

Batch Converter wav. to (flac)

I have preserved the source path. C:/Source Path/Source Filename
    I have Dynamic Naming set [origpath]\[origfilename]
    After the batch conversion the individual music folders are split into 3 folders that have shortened file names and there are music tracks in each one, instead of just one folder as per original with all the tracks converted in that.
    eg. To convert 30 folders you might end up with 90 folders, each folder split into 3 folders with tracks spread in those folders.
    I can rip a CD to a wav file OK but can't batch convert original folders to flac
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Converter wav. to (flac)

Can you give an example, with the full source path and name, and the created destination path and name.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jaywalker
      • May 2016

Full source path and name E:\ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStr ingQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Opus 1
      Created Destination Path and name E:\ClassicalMusic(flac)\ClassicalMusic
      Set output to E:ClassicalMusic(flac)ClassicalMusic\SourcePath\So urceFilename

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

You'll need to use the Remove First Folder programmable action [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][] in Dynamic Naming, to create the correct Destination Path.

example, if your source files are here:
        E:\ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStr ingQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Opus 1

and you want to create files in:
        E:\ClassicalMusic(flac)\Haydn\StringQuartets\Compl eteStr ingQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Opus 1

then:
        Base Location = E:\ClassicalMusic(flac) and
        Dynamic Naming = [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]
        Last edited by mville; 08-16-2017, 01:49 PM. Reason: added an example

Comment

• Jaywalker
          • May 2016

I tried Destination Path E:\ClassicalMusicflac\ClassicalMusic

then

Dynamic Naming = [TRIMFISTFOLDER]origpath]\[origfilename]

It did 2 folders correctly but then the remaining 10 folders were all split into 3 folders each with music files in each one.

By the way this has been a recent occurrence, since the R16 update.
          I have uninstalled dbpower R16 and reinstalled but no different.

Not sure what to do now other than do a separate rip from CD to flac

Comment

• Jaywalker
            • May 2016

I'll see if I can completely explain what I am trying to do.
            Source Path E:ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStri ngQuartetsAngelesQuartet
            Note: The final path [Complete String Quartets Angeles Quartet] contains 14 sub folders and the 14 sub folders have approx. 6 folders in each which contain music files.
            What happens is the 6 folders are duplicated into 18 folders with shortened file names and the music tracks are spread in those 18 folders.
            It should be just the 6 folders with the all the music tracks copied correctly in each folder.
            Destination Path C:ClassicalMusic(flac)[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][originalpath][originalfilename]
            That comes out as C:ClassicalMusic(flac)\TRIMFIRSTFOLDER\ Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStringQuartetsAngeles Quartet
            When you open that you get the 14 subfolders, all OK so far but when you open the subfolders which contain approx. 6 folders in each you have 18 folders each folder split into 3 with shortened file names.

I hope you now completely understand the problem I have here and can advise on a fix.
            THANKYOU
            Last edited by Jaywalker; 08-16-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jaywalker
              Dynamic Naming = [TRIMFISTFOLDER]origpath]\[origfilename]
              Maybe its just a typo, but above is not correct. For one, you've not included the "[]" where needed. You also misspelled TRIMFIRSTFOLDER That is:

Dynamic Naming = [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]

Comment

• Jaywalker
                • May 2016

No luck. I've tried [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]
                I don't think this is the problem. I tried to convert the last path folder (one with no sub folders, just music files)
                It makes 3 folders out of one with music files in each one.
                I think this is a Batch Converter programme error. One that might need a tech.savvy person from dBpoweramp to investigate.
                This only happens trying to convert folders and not individual music files.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

I'll see if I can completely explain what I am trying to do.
                  Source Path E:ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStri ngQuartetsAngelesQuartet
                  Note: The final path [Complete String Quartets Angeles Quartet] contains 14 sub folders and the 14 sub folders have approx. 6 folders in each which contain music files.
                  What happens is the 6 folders are duplicated into 18 folders with shortened file names and the music tracks are spread in those 18 folders.
                  It should be just the 6 folders with the all the music tracks copied correctly in each folder.
                  Destination Path C:ClassicalMusic(flac)[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][originalpath][originalfilename]
                  That comes out as C:ClassicalMusic(flac)\TRIMFIRSTFOLDER\ Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStringQuartetsAngeles Quartet
                  When you open that you get the 14 subfolders, all OK so far but when you open the subfolders which contain approx. 6 folders in each you have 18 folders each folder split into 3 with shortened file names.
                  Firstly, the syntax for TRIMFIRSTFOLDER is incorrect, as garym points out.

Secondly, with the source path you mention, the 14 sub-folders, the 6 sub-folders and the audio files, are you exceeding the pathname/filename limit?

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

No luck. I've tried [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]
                    I don't think this is the problem. I tried to convert the last path folder (one with no sub folders, just music files)
                    It makes 3 folders out of one with music files in each one.
                    I think this is a Batch Converter programme error. One that might need a tech.savvy person from dBpoweramp to investigate.
                    This only happens trying to convert folders and not individual music files.
                    I doubt this as if this were the case, then these forums would be full of other users, including myself, with issues.

Please can you post (exactly) a full pathname/filename of a source wav file that does not convert correctly?

If not, hopefully, someone more tech.savvy than I, can help you.

... also, are you using any DSPs when converting to flac?
                    Last edited by mville; 08-17-2017, 01:53 AM. Reason: added extra question

Comment

• Jaywalker
                      • May 2016

Source wav. file E:\ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStr ingQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Op.33'TheRussianQuartets

Please note: There are 6 folders in the last path 'The Russian Quartets' containing 4 music tracks in each.
                      It should convert those 6 folders from wav. to 6 folders in flac.
                      Instead it makes 2 to 3 folders of each of the 6 folders with shortened names with the tracks in each folder.

Destination folder: C:\ClassicalMusic(flac)
                      The path ends up being C:\ClassicalMusic(flac)\ClassicalMusic\Haydn\Strin gQuartets\CompleteStringQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Op. 33'TheRussian'Quartets
                      I just tried it again and we have 6 wav. files 26, 27, 28, 29. 30 & 31 at source and I ended up with 26x4, 27x3, 28x4, 29x3, 30x2 & 31x4 making a total of 20 folders with music tracks in each one. Instead of original path 6 wav. folders.
                      Not using any DSP effects.

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

Source wav. file E:\ClassicalMusic\Haydn\StringQuartets\CompleteStr ingQuartetsAngelesQuartet\Op.33'TheRussianQuartets

Please note: There are 6 folders in the last path 'The Russian Quartets' containing 4 music tracks in each.
                        This is not what I asked for. This is only a partial pathname (and is not exact, it is without spaces, I think).

What I (and Spoon) have asked for is a full pathname/filename. That is, the full pathname (including all folders) and a filename. Without this, it is difficult to troubleshoot and therefore help you. Is it really so difficult to post a full pathname and a filename?

Here is an example of a full pathname, showing all four folders:
                        D:\FLAC\Various Artists\Classical\[1965] 'Trout' Quintet~[1959] 'Death And The Maiden' Quartet\

and here is an example of a filename, contained within the above folder path:
                        1.01 Piano Quintet in A major, D. 667, 'Trout Quintet', 1st Mvmt of 5.wav

1. To select the full path, in Windows file explorer, go to a folder containing a wav file that does not convert correctly.
                        2. Now, you can highlight the full path, by selecting everything in the Address Bar of File Explorer.
                        3. Copy the highlighted path and paste it in this thread.
                        4. Go back to the same folder in File Explorer, select a wav file, press F2 (as if to rename it). This highlights the filename.
                        5. Copy the highlighted filename and paste it in this thread.

It should convert those 6 folders from wav. to 6 folders in flac.
                        Instead it makes 2 to 3 folders of each of the 6 folders with shortened names with the tracks in each folder.
                        I realise this, that is why I have asked for the above information.
                        Last edited by mville; 08-17-2017, 11:09 AM. Reason: added an example and instructions

Comment

• Jaywalker
                          • May 2016

Thankyou mville for your help.
                          I have solved this problem and am very sorry for wasting your time on here.
                          The problem was caused by ripping CD's into a folder and then dragging files out of that folder and into early prepared folders. (Thus altering the path)
                          Best way I found was to leave files in the folder you ripped to and just rename the folder with what is in it.
                          Also even though I have a few HDD's and external HDD's I found its best to do all this in the SSD much quicker. Then drag original renamed folder to where you want.
                          Batch converter worked like a dream.
                          One thing now, I am more proficient with dBpoweramp and that's a plus.
                          Thanks everybody for your help.

Comment

• Jaywalker
                            • May 2016

Still having difficulty
                            Base location
                            E:\CLASSICAL MUSIC\HAYDN\STRING QUARTETS\Pro Arte Quartet Mono Historical Recordings (1931-38) 96khz 24bit remastering\...............................(contai ns 7 folders)
                            Dynamic Naming = [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename] Does not solve problem makes it worse.
                            The best result I get is Preserve Source Path Output to C:\SourcePath\SourceFilenames with no dynamic naming as per below.
                            C:\CLASSICAL MUSIC\HAYDN\STRING QUARTETS\Pro Arte Quartet Mono Historical Recordings (1931-38) 96khz 24bit remastering;.(contains the 7 folders correctly converted)
                            But then I run into another problem. You can play the folders and the files correctly from the output folder. But if you drag a folder from the output folder eg. Pro Arte Quartet Mono Historical Recordings (1931-38) 96khz 24bit remastering (which contains 7 correctly converted folders) to another location on the pc it will not load or the play all the files from that location into foobar.

I ripped the CD's again to Flac (That works lol)
                            Last edited by Jaywalker; 09-09-2017, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• mville
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Dec 2008

I repeat, unless you post the exact full pathname, with filename, I doubt anyone can easily help you.

Comment

Working...

]]>