title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why offer a free trial

Angry Why offer a free trial

OK so here is my issue. I have purchased DBpoweramp and downloaded the mp2 addon so that I can rip compressed wav files. Why I hear you ask well that dosent matter at this stage. When you check the file it shows as a compressed wav file.
    I use MP3 tag which shows the tags on the files as ID3v2.3 RIFF id3v2.3 and it does copy the tag information to the file (or so I thought). However when I load the files in to virtual DJ all I get is a file name. No track info no album info no art info nothing, however load it up in MPtag again and I have everything. Sooo I thought I would download and try before purchase perfect tunes. So I downloaded it, installed it and opened ID TAG. However much to my surprise I got a message saying that it would not save tags.
    So this brings me to my question. How on earth am I supposed to see if this does what I want it to do if I can not save the tags. How can I test to see if it will write the information to my files so that Virtual DJ will read it if you cant save. What on earth is the point in having a free version if you cant use it properly.
    Had this done what I needed I would have purchased it happily however by limiting what it can do instead of time restricting it, you have lost a sale and I recon you may have lost many more by not allowing the full benefits of the package.
    Thank you

Re: Why offer a free trial

Have you tried using DBpowerAMP's TAG Editor?

Administrator

The answer is, if mp3tag is able to read the tags, then they are present, the issue is virtual dj is not reading the tags. It is nothing to do with trial, or registered, perhaps contact the writers of that software to find out why it is not reading the tags.

Hi Wayne

Yes and the tags all show as there. However both Plex and Virtual DJ don't show the tag information.
    Thanks for the reply tho.

Hi Spoon.
    The whole reason for this post was because I wanted to re save the tags using the supposed to be wonderful software perfect tunes. That way I could reload them in to my library and re run both Virtual DJ and Plex to see if it could then see the tag information. However perfect tunes ID tags does not allow you to save any tags so the software in a test environment is totally useless. I can read tags using any software package but I need to write them to see if its worth buying.
    And considering I purchased DBpoweramp and should have had a free trial its not very helpful.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clubsceneuk2 View Post
    The whole reason for this post was because I wanted to re save the tags using the supposed to be wonderful software perfect tunes. That way I could reload them in to my library and re run both Virtual DJ and Plex to see if it could then see the tag information. However perfect tunes ID tags does not allow you to save any tags so the software in a test environment is totally useless.
    I don't agree with:
    the software in a test environment is totally useless.

The reason for the trial is so users can experience it's potential and understand the features, without having to buy. That way, users will have more of an idea whether to pay for the features or not.

The trial is not meant as a tool for you to troubleshoot issues with 3rd party software like Virtual DJ and Plex. As you have already stated, you can use MP3Tag for this, which has exposed problems (according to your earlier post) with Virtual DJ.

dBpoweramp Guru

Had this done what I needed I would have purchased it happily however by limiting what it can do instead of time restricting it, you have lost a sale and I recon you may have lost many more by not allowing the full benefits of the package.
    ClubsceneUK2, The package is great! And you will have had the full benefit of this excellent forum (one of the best I have ever experienced!) to glean information from. Also, the Tech. Support and forum members are always happy to assist. The trial s/w was fine for me and as a result I purchased both products. Paul

NB. Try many other rival s/w like 'EAC' and see not only how utterly dreadful they are (inc. Tech. Support), but discover the unwanted amount bloatware the product comes packaged with!
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-16-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: NB.

Hi monsterjazzlick
    When i first downloaded DBpoweramp it came with a free trial so you could rip, convert mass convert files. Everything worked and this is what led me to purchase the product.
    However what im saying here is no matter how many times someone says the product is good, its great etc, unless you know for yourself it will do what you need it to do then you wont purchase it.
    Every piece of software I have ever purchased has been done so simply because i was able to put it in to the environment i wanted it in and test it to see if it did what i needed it to do.
    In DBpoweramp i want to use mp2. This creates WAV files. Perfect for my need. Lossless compressed WAV files. However they are useless unless i am able to tag them. And IDtags may be great and do many things but im not willing to spend money on it if i can not test it and see if it will tag the wav files as i need them.
    MP3tag is free, not bloated and tags mp3 files perfectly it even lets you add in the art, but i want to use mp2 and although the tags for mp2 show in this program it does not copy to the software that i use to play the audio, nor when you upload in to plex does it add things like album name, track number. All you get is very very basic naming of artist and title. thats it. Now if IDtag did more than this on an MP2 file then i would buy it with pleasure but as im unable to test this i dont want to spend money on something that does no more than mp3tag does.

dBpoweramp Guru

In DBpoweramp i want to use mp2. This creates WAV files. Perfect for my need. Lossless compressed WAV files. However they are useless unless i am able to tag them. And IDtags may be great and do many things but im not willing to spend money on it if i can not test it and see if it will tag the wav files as i need them.
    I don't understand. If you have purchased dBpoweramp Music Converter, then you are able to tag files, using Edit ID-Tag. You don't pay extra for the Edit ID-Tag feature.

PerfectTUNES on the other hand, is a different application, which you have to pay for. If you own dBpoweramp Music Converter, you can purchase PerfectTUNES at a discounted price.

However, you should be able to do all you need to do in dBpoweramp Music Converter, without purchasing PerfectTUNES.
    Last edited by mville; 08-17-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: added more info.

Hi mville
    Thanks for the reply and your correct. Im talking about perfect tunes idtag. The whole reason for this post was to see if someone could advise why the features of perfect tune are so tied down to the state of being unable to write a tag instead of being limited to say 5 tags. Ias explained I want to tag MP2 (wav) files but it would seem that I cannot do this with the trial version of perfect tunes.
    To me this is pointless as i will never know if it will do what i want it to do.
    However so many people seem to be struggling with this fact. Why offer a trial period of a program if you can not use it to its full effect and ensure that it actually does what you need it to do. Simple concept really.

dBpoweramp Guru

I want to tag MP2 (wav) files but it would seem that I cannot do this with the trial version of perfect tunes.
    To me this is pointless as i will never know if it will do what i want it to do.
    However so many people seem to be struggling with this fact.
    I am not struggling with the facts, I think you are. I am clear that Illustrate has removed the ability to write tags in PerfectTUNES, as the trial version of dBpoweramp Music Converter allows users to write tags.

You have dBpoweramp Music Converter, so you can use this to write tags to your mp2 files.

Why offer a trial period of a program if you can not use it to its full effect and ensure that it actually does what you need it to do. Simple concept really.
    I already explained this in post no. 6.

It think it is safe to assume that the non-trial version of PerfectTUNES will write tags as per dBpoweramp Music Converter. I would hazard to guess, they even use the same software engine, to write tags.
    Last edited by mville; 08-17-2017 at 07:58 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The answer is, if mp3tag is able to read the tags, then they are present, the issue is virtual dj is not reading the tags. It is nothing to do with trial, or registered, perhaps contact the writers of that software to find out why it is not reading the tags.
    Yes, if i remember correctly, VirtualDJ has a setting on whether or not to read the tags embedded within a file.

I not home now so cant check and point in the right direction, but im sure there was something

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Clubscene,

Thank you for replying and I hear what you are saying.

Why not, instead, blow out 'dBpa' and use a FREE s/w? As I said, there are many others on the market (like 'EAC'), and they may well perform exactly what you wish. You could, then, instead, purchase 'PerfectTUNES' to use with your alternative 3rd party s/w. However, as I say, I really do think you will struggle to find one as excellent as 'dBpa'; and in any event, I am sure that there must be some kind of workaround for you here (using 'dBpa').

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-17-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    I am sure that there must be some kind of workaround for you here (using 'dBpa').
    Correct. The workaround is for the OP to use Edit ID-Tag in his paid version of dBpoweramp Music Converter, which will write tags to file, rather than ID-Tags in the trial version of PerfectTUNES, which will not write tags to file.

So this evening I'm going to have a play around with this the BwfMp2 Tag and see if I can get it to do what I need.
    So far I seem to have been able to get it to add some of the missing information but I can not get it to add track numbers.
    So does anyone out there who uses perfect tunes, use IDtags and if so would you please rip a cd in BWF MP2 and see if it will allow you to write track details please so that when you load it in to your wav player it shows the tracks in number order instead of alphabetical order. Thanks

Craig