title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES Album Art Questions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

PerfectTUNES Album Art Questions

Hi,
    I have dBpoweramp 15.3 and I’m considering purchasing PerfectTUNES. Forum searches have resulted in answers to most of my questions, but not everything. Let me explain what I’m looking for.
    My archive music library consists of approx. 900 albums of which 80% are vinyl rips using Vinyl Studio and 20% CDs ripped using CDRipper. The archive library consists of FLAC files, and I have an ALAC library created using Batch Music Converter for my iPod and iPhone. Recently I have been using Mp3tag with Tag Source Discogs Pone to correct and add missing metadata. For some albums I have found that the album art from Vinyl Studio and from the Discogs Release ID of the album isn’t very good. All of the album art is embedded and I have folder.jpgs for the CDs ripped with CDRipper. I’d like to use PerfectTUNES to find better album art.
    I use Foobar2000, SONOS, an iPod, and an iPhone to play my music in case that matters for the placement, folder.jpg or embedded, of the album art.

With PerfectTUNES can I select one album and will it offer album art choices that I can select from?
    My understanding is that I’ll have to remove the embedded album art in order for PerfectTUNES to look for album art. Is this correct? If I have to delete the embedded album art, is there a way to save it in case nothing is found for the album?

Gary

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES Album Art Questions

Have you tried using the PerfectTUNES trial version?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES Album Art Questions

mville,
    I downloaded the trial version this afternoon. I've only had time to test a couple of albums that had album art I didn't like, and I'm impressed with the results. I have some more albums to check, but I'm pretty certain I'll get PT. The Album Art help page answered all of my questions. Too bad it is not available at the website because it would probably help people wanting to know more about the software.