title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Artwork Fixes (General Qs)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Artwork Fixes (General Qs)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    So then you will have artwork of different sizes? Will that look uncool/inconsistent, please?
    Hi Paul,

1000x1000, 300x300kb, was the maximum size. I chose this, to maintain compatibility, with Sonos, but not all sleeves are available this size, or bigger.

A couple of times, I have used an image such as the 1920x1080 image, from Art_4.jpg, cropping it square (you do the maths!), using, Microsoft Office Picture Manager. When loaded into CD Ripper, this gave 1000x1000.

I've also used the crop from the Microsoft program, to remove the white stripes, from the borders of a few CDs.

Fortunately, the quality of the art available, has improved over the last couple of years.

dBpoweramp Guru

So do you mean: LOAD FROM FILE:

... but the newly amended (uploaded) artwork does not appear in the CD (FLAC) folder?
    I don't understand why one would want both embedded and external album art. Options!

In Edit ID-Tag, click the button with the three dots at the bottom of the window and choose Export to Folder.jpg. Or copy and paste the source image. Better yet, copy and paste first and use the pasted image for LOAD FROM FILE.
    Last edited by Jailhouse; 08-19-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Overactive brain

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Artwork Fixes (General Qs)

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    1000x1000, 300x300kb, was the maximum size. I chose this, to maintain compatibility, with Sonos, but not all sleeves are available this size, or bigger.

A couple of times, I have used an image such as the 1920x1080 image, from Art_4.jpg, cropping it square (you do the maths!), using, Microsoft Office Picture Manager. When loaded into CD Ripper, this gave 1000x1000.

I've also used the crop from the Microsoft program, to remove the white stripes, from the borders of a few CDs.

Fortunately, the quality of the art available, has improved over the last couple of years.
    Thanks Oggy,

OK, so if the JPeg/PNG is over-sized, then you crop it using 'Paint' (or whatever) to get it down to 1000x1000. And so basically you are importing the finished product into 'dBpa'.

That's a good idea about the white border trimming.

Do you ever use artwork which is UNDER the 1000x1000 size, please? And therefore have artwork of varying sizes?

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Artwork Fixes (General Qs)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    I don't understand why one would want both embedded and external album art. Options!

In Edit ID-Tag, click the button with the three dots at the bottom of the window and choose Export to Folder.jpg. Or copy and paste the source image. Better yet, copy and paste first and use the pasted image for LOAD FROM FILE.
    Hi JH,

I changed the setting in Foobar from 'embedded' to 'external' album-art last week, when we were discussing the matter.

I have been playing around with the artwork stuff in ID TAGS and PerfectTUNES today/tonight. I need to get to grips with it more. To be honest, I still could not get it to do what I wanted (despite your kind instructions). After two hours, I just ended up re-ripping disc-2 (of "Dark Magus") again, using the correct rear cover artwork in 'dBpa' during the initial process. Of course, getting it 100% right fist time is the ultimate goal, but mistakes happen and so I do still need to spend some time mastering this aspect of post-ripping/correcting.

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks Oggy,

OK, so if the JPeg/PNG is over-sized, then you crop it using 'Paint' (or whatever) to get it down to 1000x1000. And so basically you are importing the finished product into 'dBpa'.

That's a good idea about the white border trimming.

Do you ever use artwork which is UNDER the 1000x1000 size, please? And therefore have artwork of varying sizes?

Paul
    I've got art under 1000x1000, and I use the same settings that you do, so bigger art is automatically set to 1000x1000 and 300x300kb, from CD Ripper, options.

If it's obviously got white borders, I'll edit it before, ripping. If a sleeve looks bad, and I've used it, I'll edit it, post ripping: at my convenience!

I believe Microsoft Office Picture Manager, is a free download.
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-19-2017 at 07:53 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

... am still struggling RE: Post *26, please. Cheers, Paul
    Not sure. Just experiment a bit more. Is it embedding the art or replacing the folder.jpg. I'm away from computer for a few days so can't try it myself. Out west to see the eclipse.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Not sure. Just experiment a bit more. Is it embedding the art or replacing the folder.jpg. I'm away from computer for a few days so can't try it myself. Out west to see the eclipse.
    Gary, Ah, it was 'embedding' the artwork but foobar was set to display External Album Art! So it wasn't showing show up in the player! Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, Ah, it was 'embedding' the artwork but foobar was set to display External Album Art! So it wasn't showing show up in the player! Cheers, Paul
    Hi Paul,

Using folder.jpg, works well with most players, and makes editing of album art faster, rather than embedding.

Oggy

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Paul,

Using folder.jpg, works well with most players, and makes editing of album art faster, rather than embedding.

Oggy
    Oggy,

Yes, I will stick to that from now on.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi, Finding good quality suitable 1000x1000 artwork image files proves very tiring and time consuming! Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi, Finding good quality suitable 1000x1000 artwork image files proves very tiring and time consuming! Cheers, Paul
    Ill be *almost* done cleaning up my tagging and art by the time I die. Even if I live another 40 years.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Ill be *almost* done cleaning up my tagging and art by the time I die. Even if I live another 40 years.
    Ha ha ... I have to agree there! I had no idea how it can get a hold of you. It practically takes over your entire life! Paul.

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you got a scanner?

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you got a scanner?
    I have a reasonably new Canon printer with one on. How good it is I don't know. I have only used the printer facility.

dBpoweramp Guru

Finding good quality suitable 1000x1000 artwork image files proves very tiring and time consuming! Cheers, Paul
    Take out the size specification and I fully agree.