title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: 'SAVE' on PC vs. External-HD (help?)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 'SAVE' on PC vs. External-HD (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Mville - thanks for bearing with me! So - in 'dBpa' - I change the '260' value down to '240' as per screenshots, please?:

Attachment 1485

Attachment 1486
    Can't see pics yet. But Yes, simple: in the naming string replace the value 260 with 240.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I can't see the screenshots. I get the Invalid Attachment specified error.
    Oh dear. The Team are aware of the issue now. Paul.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Can't see pics yet. But Yes, simple: in the naming string replace the value 260 with 240.
    If the problem still persists then I will have to look at uploading hem elsewhere - which is a bit inconvenient but there's no other way around it. Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: 'SAVE' on PC vs. External-HD (help?)

Hi - I will have this last try at uploading pics on the forum. The Team have said there are no pictures 'pending'.

Here is a follow thru of my now folder-structure (from 'dBpa' thru external-HD):

Folder_1.png

Folder_2.png

Folder_3.png

Folder_4.png

Folder_5.png

Apart from the 'FLAC' folder, all others were created automatically by Gary's 'string'.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-11-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: screenshot

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi,

I now have a SanDisk 200GB micro-SD card to be used with the Sony Walkman, or which player I end up using. This is kind of functioning as a sort of back-up (for files) for now. Not sure how many GB my CD collection will amount to ripping to FLAC? I am up to just over 10GB at the moment.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

For comparison: So far, I have 1280 CD titles (I've lost count of the number of discs), roughly 350 files from Beatport and BandCamp, and some other miscellaneous files, for just under 17,000 tracks in my digital library, adding up to 411GB. I've ripped maybe 45 percent of my CDs (I've lost track of how many of those I have, too.)

Come on, Paul, get crackin'! (Something I'm certain a lot of dBpa users can say to me!)

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: 'SAVE' on PC vs. External-HD (help?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    For comparison: So far, I have 1280 CD titles (I've lost count of the number of discs), roughly 350 files from Beatport and BandCamp, and some other miscellaneous files, for just under 17,000 tracks in my digital library, adding up to 411GB. I've ripped maybe 45 percent of my CDs (I've lost track of how many of those I have, too.)
    Hi JH - I would be getting through them a lot quicker if it was not having rip so many of them by frames!

So would you say you might have about a TB if you were to rip everything else? Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

So would you say you might have about a TB if you were to rip everything else? Cheers.
    Only if I were to quit buying CDs and digital files.

You really should look into getting another optical disk drive or two. It seems to me like you're having a far greater number of re-rip events than you should.

dBpoweramp Guru

And don't forget about the need for backups. I suggest at least 2, stored in at least 2 different locations. I have 9 copies of my music. 5 are on servers that are at least sometimes used. 4 are pure backups that are not connected to anything except when updating. And these are all at 3 different physical locations. Only a nuclear attack in the southeast United States would wipe out everything. &*55357;&*56883;

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, but doesn't it cost a lot of money to rent all of those cloud storage sites? I mean, you must have a lot of data size for the amount of music you own! Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    You really should look into getting another optical disk drive or two. It seems to me like you're having a far greater number of re-rip events than you should.
    JH, I am thinking of having dBpa on a second laptop. I am in comms with Mr Spoon about the best way to go about it. If I do, then I will have an alternative drive to rip from. Cheers

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, but doesn't it cost a lot of money to rent all of those cloud storage sites? I mean, you must have a lot of data size for the amount of music you own! Paul
    I don't use cloud storage. I'm referring to external USB 3 or 4TB drives stored at home, at work, and at the weekend cottage.

dBpoweramp Guru

I don't use cloud storage. I'm referring to external USB 3 or 4TB drives stored at home, at work, and at the weekend cottage.
    Gary, I do use Google Drive (for PDFs etc); but only within the FREE 15GB limit. I have found sharing documents via Drive to be very useful. I hate - and have disabled - MS OneDrive (as it keeps trying to sync. with all the files on your PC!). At the moment - for my FLACs - I am using the 1TB Dell External HD, and the 200GB SanDisk Micro-SD card. Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-22-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, I do use Google Drive (for PDFs etc); but only within the FREE 15GB limit. I have found sharing documents via Drive to be very useful. I hate - and have disabled - MS OneDrive (as it keeps trying to sync. with all the files on your PC!). At the moment - for my FLACs - I am using the 1TB Dell External HD, and the 200GB SanDisk Micro-SD card. Paul
    dont get me wrong. I like cloud storage. I have 1TB on dropbox. Useful for sharing files. Accessing files from multiple locations, etc. But I don't use this as permanent backup or archive for my music files.

dBpoweramp Guru

dont get me wrong. I like cloud storage. I have 1TB on dropbox. Useful for sharing files. Accessing files from multiple locations, etc. But I don't use this as permanent backup or archive for my music files.
    Gary, I have about 900GB free on my home laptop. I was considering storing my music FLAC collection on there. But it is impossible to predict how large the end result of my ripping is going to be, and so I sticking to saving everything onto my Dell external-HD. Paul