title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Newbie needs help

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Raspberry Newbie needs help

Simon:

Getting closer. I found the following page regarding Linus syntax for NFS server mounts: https://access.redhat.com/documentat...nfs-mount.html

Based on this, I tried changing the line as follows: "192.168.1.152:/WD-NAS-FINK/Music/WAV /home/pi/nas nfs ro 0 0"

When I then tried to mount the server, I received the following message:

Attachment 1422

I wonder if I need to add a user ID and password? If so, can you advise how to add this? Alternatively, should I try using the IP address twice, in lieu of the IP address followed by the device name?

Thanks

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I tried adding "username=admin,password=********* " after "nfs" and before "ro" in the line. Unfortunately, after a reboot, I am unable to access the Raspberry. Do I need to start over?

Aaron
    Last edited by ASF; 08-07-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Sorry, had to edit a duplicated message; ignore JPG

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I would stick with mounting the Music folder, the sub-folder can be identified in the Watched folder within Asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I think the server in the WD device is confusing things by allowing you to define the nfs mount point.

So just keep that bit simply and let the Raspberry mount the NAS share and navigate to the required sub-folder.

Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

In other words just the name of the share, i.e. "\IP address\nfs\Music". I will try when I straighten out my microSD card.....I have to reformat it and start again. I'll let you know how things go when I get back to where I was....DARN!!

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Simon:

I am back up and running. Asset UPnP is installed and comes on with each reboot. I then added the following line in the fstab file: "192.168.1.152:/192/168/1/152/nfs/Music /home/pi/nas nfs ro 0 0". Unfortunately, the server still won't mount. Here is the message that I receive:

Attachment 1427

This message seems to suggest we are even closer, but I wonder what I need to do to resolve the apparently missing information.

Thanks

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

This is the entry in my fstab file

192.168.0.3:/media /home/pi/nas nfs ro 0 0

You need to work on the mount points as allowed by the WD device

Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Not sure I understand what to try next? What do I do to deal with rpc.stand?

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

To be honest don't know - I don't have statd running - some information is at https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg...mds5/statd.htm

But I believe it is due to the entry in the fstab file.

Is there a section in the manual for the WD device, describing how to use the NFS settings?

Simon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I will check. I may have to resort to a call to them, although I find they have been less than helpful at times. I'll share what I find out.

Thanks for ALL of your help...you've clearly gotten me close to the end result!!

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Here's the only information I could find in their manual. I will try their technical support.

Attachment 1430

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Simon:

I just found this link: https://backdrift.org/fixing-rpc-sta...remote-locking which seems to address the problem. Might you look this offer and see if the syntax and use looks appropriate for the Raspberry?

Thanks

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My nfs mount to the ReadyNAS units I have don't seem to need locking mechanism, but maybe your WD unit does - try what is listed, and see if you can mount the share.

Simon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I tried and received the following: Attachment 1431

After starting the rpcbind, I tried to mount /home/pi/nas and got the following result:

Attachment 1432

I then edited the /etc/fstab file again by inserting my username and password as shown here: "192.168.1.152:/192.168.1.152/nfs/Music /home/pi/nas nfs username=Aaron,password=******** ro 0 0"

This resulted in the following message:

Attachment 1433

I just don't know enough about Linux and mounting drives (let alone using NFS) to figure anything else out. I am trying to reach out to Western Digital but I suspect they will say they can't help since the issue is within the /etc/fstab file on the Raspberry and thus not in their purview. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Aaron

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Again I think your entry in fstab is wrong - it should be similar to 192.168.0.3:/media /home/pi/nas nfs ro 0 0

For WD instructions - see https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebas....aspx?ID=17224 - I think the useful parts are sections 5 & 6

Either limit the nfs to just the RaspberryPi's IP address or use a wildcard.

Simon.