title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82

Thread: RE: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

  1. #61
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    635

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Cheers Oggy,

    Yes, when I returned the Sony Walkman last August and replaced it with an Amazon Fire, foobar was not available with Amazon Playstore. I need to check to see if this has changed. I seem to remember someone mentioning that it was available elsewhere and I definitely remember saying that I was a little reluctant to d/l from a non-Amazon source. But now, at the stage I am at, I would be prepared to d/l it from elsewhere.

    Paul
    Hi Paul,

    It may be worth looking at the foobar2000 Android forum.

    Latest version is 1.1.17 released only a few weeks ago.

    Oggy

  2. #62
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    It may be worth looking at the foobar2000 Android forum.

    Latest version is 1.1.17 released only a few weeks ago.
    OK, thanks Oggy.

    Anything is better than bloody 'VLC'!

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-06-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #63
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    OK, thanks Oggy.

    Anything is better than bloody 'VLC'!

    Paul
    http://forum.foobar2000.com/forum/sh...Android-readme

  4. #64
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Great; I'll try to d/l it ...

  5. #65
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Question Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Hi,

    You have to join foobar forum to be able to d/l (so I have joined now).

    There appears to be, if I am not mistaken, three options for the type of Android device for the end user. I am not sure which to choose, please, for Amazon Fire?

    Please see screenshot:


    Thanks,

    Paul

  6. #66
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Hi,

    I spent an hour on the phone to Amazon this morning. I was annoyed as the Manager who promised to call me back failed to do so.

    This agent took remote-access but he also could not get the Fire tablet to d/l or install any music-player apps successfully. He said I should be able to install 3rd party apps (now that he has 'disabled' a certain security setting). But it still won't work. So now the situation has been raised to an even higher level...

    Paul

  7. #67
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi,

    I spent an hour on the phone to Amazon this morning. I was annoyed as the Manager who promised to call me back failed to do so.

    This agent took remote-access but he also could not get the Fire tablet to d/l or install any music-player apps successfully. He said I should be able to install 3rd party apps (now that he has 'disabled' a certain security setting). But it still won't work. So now the situation has been raised to an even higher level...

    Paul
    I've found that the higher the level, the worst the information/help most companies provide. Google searches, forums with smart users, and technology savvy friends are the only sources of computer help I've ever received.

    p.s. Since you're going Apple, why not get an iPad, install foobar2000 on it, and then you have a nice tablet with a great player.

  8. #68
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I've found that the higher the level, the worst the information/help most companies provide. Google searches, forums with smart users, and technology savvy friends are the only sources of computer help I've ever received.

    p.s. Since you're going Apple, why not get an iPad, install foobar2000 on it, and then you have a nice tablet with a great player.
    Hi Garym,

    What a palaver! lol

    After some research there is a way to get foobar onto an Amazon Fire after all; and, in fact, a way to access many of the Google PlayStore apps (regardless of what the prats at Amazon Tech. Team said!). It has taken an hour or so but I have managed to d/l foobar now. I just need to work out getting it to read the external SD-card (ie. with my FLACs on). I'll save that for another day.

    I can confirm that other Amazon Fire owners have had the same 'gap-less' playing issue as myself when using 'VLC'.

    Apple iPads are bloody expensive, do you not think? I looked at their iPods also. I liked the look of the iPod Classic, but it's discontinued. The more modern models offer: FaceTime, Instagram, and bloatware like that which I detest to be honest.

    Anyway, let's see if I can get foobar reading my SD-card first...

    Cheers,

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-10-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #69
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi Garym,

    What a palaver! lol

    After some research there is a way to get foobar onto an Amazon Fire after all; and, in fact, a way to access many of the Google PlayStore apps (regardless of what the prats at Amazon Tech. Team said!). It has taken an hour or so but I have managed to d/l foobar now. I just need to work out getting it to read the external SD-card (ie. with my FLACs on). I'll save that for another day.

    I can confirm that other Amazon Fire owners have had the same 'gap-less' playing issue as myself when using 'VLC'.

    Apple iPads are bloody expensive, do you not think? I looked at their iPods also. I liked the look of the iPod Classic, but it's discontinued. The more modern models offer: FaceTime, Instagram, and bloatware like that which I detest to be honest.

    Anyway, let's see if I can get foobar reading my SD-card first...

    Cheers,

    Paul
    I have more money than I do time; the benefit of being old. . I still have a couple of iPod classics (one that is 160GB, the largest one they made). Still works. Have it in one of my cars filled with music for long trips. Regarding more modern iThings, yes they have facetime and istagram and 100s of other things. But those apps can be removed or ignored. They don't affect anything if you don't use them. And the Fire has 100s of apps too. doesn't mean you have to install/use them. I've got an older iPad that I use strictly for displaying the artwork and song name of what's playing on my home system (it sits in the same place). And I use my newer iPad for controlling things related to my music system (as well as email, websurfing, kindle book reading, etc. NO instagram!)
    Last edited by garym; 07-10-2018 at 05:50 PM.

  10. #70
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Question Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Hi Garym,

    Some of the apps on the Amazon Fire you can uninstall (as I have done). But most of them you can't! (otherwise I would have).

    Yes, the iPod Classic is the one my sister has. I thought it was very good actually; nice design. Far better than the design of the later adaptations (in my personal opinion). Incidentally, I believe iTunes does not read FLAC format?

    I know I am in the minority here, but I hardly take my phone out with me these days (unless I am out for the whole day). I don't listen to the radio or music when I'm driving. And I don't like to lead my life by social-media (in fact I closed down over 20 online forum accounts last month after that FaceBook 'privacy' scandal). I think I now have less than 10 online forum - or similar - accounts. It actually felt very liberating to do so.

    Anyway, I need to get foobar reading the SanDisk in my Amazon Fire next. Hopefully it won't be too complicated. The prat at Amazon Tech Support failed to understand why anyone would even want to be accessing music anywhere else other than via the Amazon Prime membership streaming facility. He kept saying (as if he was going to change my mind!) that I would have instant access to so many million tracks. I kept telling him that I only want to listen to my OWN collection of self-rips, and in FLAC format. Then he tried to convince me to upload all my music files and to pay a monthly fee for cloud-storage (rather than being tech support, everything seems to be something like a massive sales-pitch)! A Manager from the Level-3 Tech Support was supposed to call me last night after 9pm, which he never did.

    I have actually been looking at dedicated personal music players over the weekend (obviously the Amazon Fire is too brom to take out with you). I think I am going to start a new thread which focuses on a couple of models and their specs.

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-11-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling

  11. #71
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    here's some info on personal music players.

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...=music+players

  12. #72
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    here's some info on personal music players.

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...=music+players
    Cheers Garym,

    I am going to post my DAP questions there (rather than create a fresh thread).

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-11-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

  13. #73
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Hi,

    I still can't manage to configure the correct file-path for foobar/SD-card on my Amazon Fire. I have learned that other users have experienced some similar issues also.

    But I am able to access foobr and my FLACs; though just not in the perfect sense.

    Paul

  14. #74
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Question Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Hi,

    Have totally given up on Amazon getting back to me!

    I have managed to get the Amazon Fire to see the FLAC files on the SD-card now. It is not perfect, but it kinda works. The FLAC folder shows up in foobar as it's on entity; so if I click on it (open/enter it), then I can see/access all of the FLAC files (which appear exactly as they do on the SD-card). But If I click on foobar's GENRE, COMPOSER, ARTIST (etc) folders, then all I get is he message: "this folder is empty".

    I am wondering that there my be some quirks because I am using an Android app. on a device that is designed to only enable apps to perform which are available in the Amazon PlayStore (which foobar is not present)?

    But it's more progress than I made last week (which was nowhere!).

    Paul

  15. #75
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,660

    Question Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

    Good evening,

    I have paired my brand new Sony wireless phones:


    with my Amazon Fire tablet - enabling bluetooth. However, I think I may be experiencing some drop-outs in signal/connection. I mean, when listening to my FLAC music files (being played via my tablet), sometimes the music goes silent for a couple of seconds and then continues again as per normal. Can you get drop-outs between paired bluetooth devices, please?

    I checked (with PerfTunes) the tracks where this was happening and they can up fine in the AccurateRip Scan.

    I ask because I have no experience here in this matter (having never used bluetooth before).

    Cheers,

    Paul

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •