title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RE: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Can you get drop-outs between paired bluetooth devices, please?
    Yes. I had some bluetooth earphones I was trying to use with my iphone on exercise walks, and I experienced dropouts. That said, the bluetooth in my car connects my iphone to my car stereo and I get no dropouts there.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yes. I had some bluetooth earphones I was trying to use with my iphone on exercise walks, and I experienced dropouts. That said, the bluetooth in my car connects my iphone to my car stereo and I get no dropouts there.
    Thanks a lot.

I was very worried that it might be because of 'corrupt' files (FLACs)!; but then nothing relating to those albums appeared as being rogue within PerfTunes. It's really strange when it happens; everything goes silent and then the music continues again.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-01-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

I forgot to say that I bought the Sony Headphones last week. I was going to start a new thread on them because I wanted advice on which model to possibly buy; but I ended up making the decision myself. I got them for 80GBP (ie. so with 20BGP discount!).

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Garym,

If there WAS an 'error' with any of my rips - and this was the cause of me experiencing drop-outs during playback - then would PerfTunes definitely pick up on them?

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi Garym,

If there WAS an 'error' with any of my rips - and this was the cause of me experiencing drop-outs during playback - then would PerfTunes definitely pick up on them?

Paul
    yes. perfecttunes would detect and report a problem with the files.

dBpoweramp Guru

yes. perfecttunes would detect and report a problem with the files.
    Cheers for clarifying Garym.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thumbs up Re: 'Amazon Fire' as a Music Player?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I've got foobar2000 on my Android tablet, and I think I recommended it to Paul when he first got the Fire.

From memory, foobar wasn't available from the Amazon store, and as it was brand new, Paul decided that he didn't want to download from outside Amazon - which I can understand after the Sony fiasco.

I don't know if the foobar2000 /Amazon situation has since changed, or a recent Apk is available outside the Amazon store.
    Hi Oggy,

I hope you are well?

In case yourself, or anyone else, finds themselves stuck again I came across a great little You Tube video on installing Google Play onto one's Fire tablet. I had to format my HD8 at the weekend and, as per expected, Amazon refused any advice whatsoever in reinstalling apps which were not a part of their empire (eg. Foobar).

Anyway, it's four APK's and you're away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nvCTfszlDQ

Best,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 10-15-2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling