title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Not in AccurateRip" - what am I missing?

"Not in AccurateRip" - what am I missing?

I'm checking some rips I made about a month ago using Windows Media Player (before I purchased dbpoweramp). About 126 albums. Of those, I'm getting the result that 98 are not present in AccurateRip, 20 are accurately ripped, 8 have errors or are uncheckable.

What's puzzling me is that albums which should be in AccurateRip are not there. I exported the results and post one sample (the ellipses indicated the folder synced to the cloud drive).

The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile/Wild Honey [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 028-00468271-057cd1a4-c1116c1c]
    Track 1: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\01 Heroes and Villains.flac
    Track 2: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\02 Vegetables.flac
    Track 3: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\03 Fall Breaks and Back to Winter (W. Woodpecker Symphony).flac
    Track 4: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\04 She's Goin' Bald.flac
    Track 5: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\05 Little Pad.flac
    Track 6: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\06 Good Vibrations.flac
    Track 7: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\07 With Me Tonight.flac
    Track 8: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\08 Wind Chimes.flac
    Track 9: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\09 Gettin' Hungry.flac
    Track 10: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\10 Wonderful.flac
    Track 11: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\11 Whistle In.flac
    Track 12: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\12 Wild Honey.flac
    Track 13: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\13 Aren't You Glad.flac
    Track 14: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\14 I Was Made to Love Her.flac
    Track 15: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\15 Country Air.flac
    Track 16: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\16 A Thing or Two.flac
    Track 17: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\17 Darlin'.flac
    Track 18: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\18 I'd Love Just Once to See You.flac
    Track 19: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\19 Here Comes the Night.flac
    Track 20: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\20 Let the Wind Blow.flac
    Track 21: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\21 How She Boogalooed It.flac
    Track 22: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\22 Mama Says.flac
    Track 23: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\23 Heroes and Villains [-][Alternate Take].flac
    Track 24: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\24 Good Vibrations [-][Various Sessions].flac
    Track 25: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\25 Good Vibrations [-][Early Take].flac
    Track 26: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\26 You're Welcome [-].flac
    Track 27: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\27 Their Hearts Were Full of Spring [-].flac
    Track 28: C:\Users\Joe\...\Audio CDs\The Beach Boys\Smiley Smile-Wild Honey\28 Can't Wait Too Long [-].flac

For some rips, the "Track[*]" preceding the path is replaced by "Track Not Present in AccurateRip."

If anyone can enlighten me on what I did wrong or what needs fixed, I appreciate it!

Administrator

Re: "Not in AccurateRip" - what am I missing?

AccurateRip relies on track lengths being accurate, I have a feeling that WMP does not do this.

You ripped recently with WMP to FLAC?

You are best trying that disc in dBpoweramp or EAC, see what the results are, and compare the file lengths (if have dBpoweramp hold the mouse over the flac file and it will say how many samples are in a track).

Re: "Not in AccurateRip" - what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    AccurateRip relies on track lengths being accurate, I have a feeling that WMP does not do this.

You ripped recently with WMP to FLAC?

You are best trying that disc in dBpoweramp or EAC, see what the results are, and compare the file lengths (if have dBpoweramp hold the mouse over the flac file and it will say how many samples are in a track).
    Thank you! That seems to make sense based on my past experience with WMP.

Yes, I did use WMP to rip to FLAC.