title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony C
    • Aug 2017

Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

I am new to dBpoweramp having purchased it today so I can archive my CD's onto a hard disk connected to my PC.
    The programme ran fine until I had ripped nine disks, then it stopped. A typical screen message is attached.
    I checked my CD player by ripping with Windows Media Player and iTunes; I tried a series of different CD's - all with the same result. I even connected a portable DVD writer with the same result. Having reached the end of my expertise I then deleted and reloaded dBpoweramp - still no better.
    I am of the opinion the dBpoweramp is seeing my program as a trial version and putting up barriers to any more ripping. However, I cannot see how to get around this if that is the case.
    Hopefully someone out there can put me right,
    Regards,
    Tony C

PS, I seem to be all thumbs this evening and have lost the first version of this post. Apologies if it pops up twice!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

I do not see your screen attached, you can post it again please? or type the message shown.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tony C
      • Aug 2017

Hope this shows the screen attachment,

TC
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Ripping errors 030817.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	293398

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It just says error, at the end of ripping a page should show detailing the error, there is a button 'Copy to Clipboard', click it and post the messages here please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tony C
          • Aug 2017

Copy to clipboard, hope this is what you require:

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 1' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\01 Neil Diamond - I Haven't Played This Song In Years.aif'
          Error failed to create output file. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 2' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\02 Neil Diamond - Don't Look Down.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 3' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\03 Neil Diamond - I Believe In Happy Endings.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 4' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\04 Neil Diamond - At The Movies.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 5' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\05 Neil Diamond - Midnight Dream.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 6' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\06 Neil Diamond - You Are The Best Part Of Me.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 7' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\07 Neil Diamond - Baby Let's Drive.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 8' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\08 Neil Diamond - My Special Someone.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 9' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\09 Neil Diamond - A Mission Of Love.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 10' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\10 Neil Diamond - Elijah's Song.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 11' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\11 Neil Diamond - Leave A Little Room For God.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 12' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\12 Neil Diamond - Turn Down The Lights.aif'

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

And what is drive G? dBpoweramp is informing that it is not able to write to the location that is drive G.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tony C
              • Aug 2017

Drive G is USB hard drive it was writing to at the outset,

TC

Comment

• Tony C
                • Aug 2017

Hi Spoon,

I may have got to the bottom of the issue.
                I turned on sharing on the G drive yesterday when trialling it on my audio system. I have turned sharing off now and the ripper started working again so, fingers crossed!

Tony C

Comment

• LUVINMYMUSIC
                  • Jan 2018

Hi Spoon,
                  hope you can help me as I am at my wits end !. my cd ripper has stopped working. I have ripped aprox. 100 cds into my nas unit (QNAP TS-231) with no bother. now when I try to rip a cd a red x & error unable to open file Z - which is my nas unit. I have tried everything to no avail.
                  I clicked the copy errors to clipboard but don't know how to get them on this post.
                  regards
                  Tom

Comment

• Dat Ei
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Feb 2014

Hey Tom,

please try the following:

- open file explorer
                    - change to drive z:\
                    - try to copy a file into a folder on drive z:\

Any problems?

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by LUVINMYMUSIC
                      hope you can help me as I am at my wits end !. my cd ripper has stopped working. I have ripped aprox. 100 cds into my nas unit (QNAP TS-231) with no bother. now when I try to rip a cd a red x & error unable to open file Z - which is my nas unit. I have tried everything to no avail.I clicked the copy errors to clipboard but don't know how to get them on this post.
                      Your network location, drive z: is probably offline. Try rebooting the QNAP.

For error log, copy to clipboard, then in a new post (reply), paste (for windows, ctrl+v, for apple, command-v).
                      Last edited by mville; 02-06-2018, 11:45 AM. Reason: added apple paste keyboard shortcut

Comment

Working...

]]>