title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

I am new to dBpoweramp having purchased it today so I can archive my CD's onto a hard disk connected to my PC.
    The programme ran fine until I had ripped nine disks, then it stopped. A typical screen message is attached.
    I checked my CD player by ripping with Windows Media Player and iTunes; I tried a series of different CD's - all with the same result. I even connected a portable DVD writer with the same result. Having reached the end of my expertise I then deleted and reloaded dBpoweramp - still no better.
    I am of the opinion the dBpoweramp is seeing my program as a trial version and putting up barriers to any more ripping. However, I cannot see how to get around this if that is the case.
    Hopefully someone out there can put me right,
    Regards,
    Tony C

PS, I seem to be all thumbs this evening and have lost the first version of this post. Apologies if it pops up twice!

Administrator

Re: Ripper stopped having ripped just nine CD's

I do not see your screen attached, you can post it again please? or type the message shown.

Hope this shows the screen attachment,

TC
    Ripping errors 030817.jpg

Administrator

It just says error, at the end of ripping a page should show detailing the error, there is a button 'Copy to Clipboard', click it and post the messages here please.

Copy to clipboard, hope this is what you require:

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 1' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\01 Neil Diamond - I Haven't Played This Song In Years.aif'
    Error failed to create output file. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 2' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\02 Neil Diamond - Don't Look Down.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 3' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\03 Neil Diamond - I Believe In Happy Endings.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 4' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\04 Neil Diamond - At The Movies.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 5' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\05 Neil Diamond - Midnight Dream.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 6' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\06 Neil Diamond - You Are The Best Part Of Me.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 7' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\07 Neil Diamond - Baby Let's Drive.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 8' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\08 Neil Diamond - My Special Someone.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 9' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\09 Neil Diamond - A Mission Of Love.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 10' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\10 Neil Diamond - Elijah's Song.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 11' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\11 Neil Diamond - Leave A Little Room For God.aif'

Error ripping to Aiff, 'Track 12' to 'G:\Music\Neil Diamond\Three Chord Opera\12 Neil Diamond - Turn Down The Lights.aif'

Administrator

And what is drive G? dBpoweramp is informing that it is not able to write to the location that is drive G.

Drive G is USB hard drive it was writing to at the outset,

TC

Hi Spoon,

I may have got to the bottom of the issue.
    I turned on sharing on the G drive yesterday when trialling it on my audio system. I have turned sharing off now and the ripper started working again so, fingers crossed!

Tony C

Hi Spoon,
    hope you can help me as I am at my wits end !. my cd ripper has stopped working. I have ripped aprox. 100 cds into my nas unit (QNAP TS-231) with no bother. now when I try to rip a cd a red x & error unable to open file Z - which is my nas unit. I have tried everything to no avail.
    I clicked the copy errors to clipboard but don't know how to get them on this post.
    regards
    Tom

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Tom,

please try the following:

- open file explorer
    - change to drive z:\
    - try to copy a file into a folder on drive z:\

Any problems?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LUVINMYMUSIC View Post
    hope you can help me as I am at my wits end !. my cd ripper has stopped working. I have ripped aprox. 100 cds into my nas unit (QNAP TS-231) with no bother. now when I try to rip a cd a red x & error unable to open file Z - which is my nas unit. I have tried everything to no avail.I clicked the copy errors to clipboard but don't know how to get them on this post.
    Your network location, drive z: is probably offline. Try rebooting the QNAP.

For error log, copy to clipboard, then in a new post (reply), paste (for windows, ctrl+v, for apple, command-v).
    Last edited by mville; 02-06-2018 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added apple paste keyboard shortcut